Subject Author Posted Replies

Insulating ductwork
Can I use fiberglass bat to insulate the main and branch ductwork in my crawlspace?
13
13

OT - ETQ Generator starting concerns
In 2006, I bought a 1200 watt ETQ brand generator. Two stroke, gas mixer. Problem is, it only cold starts if I take off the air filter and spray in some ether. After it's started, I can restart it...
23
23

doorbell - is LED avail
Our doorbell is the standard one with the small rectangular "illuminated" button, that is screwed to the door frame. Every so often, usually just prior to Halloween :) I go out and replace the button...
49
49

Solar Rooftop Leasing
Solar rooftop leasing is one of the three basic ways you can make money from your rooftop with solar energy. The other two involve owning and operating solar panels on your own roof and joint...

Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?
There is no doubt my filter & cleaner pool pumps are both leaking copiously at the inlet as shown below (mostly when the pumps are off): Up until now, I've been trying the "miracle in a tube" solution...
122
122

Teacher Suspended For Showing Kids Pliers
That's a damn good idea! I bet my Illinois taxes would go down then.
39
39

OT Illegal aliens doing home repairs
AP's ban on the term 'illegal immigrant' sparks fierce debate Will this result in more illegals available in the HD or Lowes parking lot labor pools for home repairs?
26
26

Electrolysis DE-rusting Cast Iron
Better living through chemistry :)
1
1

lopper
I have an older Fiskars lopper that looks much like this one Unfortunately years of cutting things that shouldn't have been cut by it caused knicks in the cutting jaw so it was time for a new one,...
5
5

Where to buy a single piece of straight wire?
I need something like a guitar string, about 18 inches. Preferably from a local store. Maybe it can be a plastic wire. It is for lengthening the throttle cable on a grass trimmer that I'm using for a...
35
35

OT Tools from Canada.
Everything you never knew you needed. Stuff here unavailable elsewhere. :-) Fortunately. KMS Tools & Equipment | - Air Tools Autobody Hand Tools Air Compressors Construction Metalworking Tools Outdoor...
5
5

Fence Posts - Cement or No Cement??
I see that some people debate over whether fence posts should be cemented into the ground or not. Some people say yes, you need cement to keep the fence sturdy, other people say putting the posts 2...
46
46

HVAC vents
I have a split system located in my crawl space. The vents consist of one main large metal tube with insulation on it. The branckes to the floor registers are flex. Over the years I have had cats and...
2
2

OT, Looks Can Be Deceiving
Remember the fat frumpy gal who blew them away at a talent show? It happened again with a mismatched duet. ^_^ TDD
4
4

Even chines Q tips are junk quality:(
I am 56 and always cleaned my ears with q tips, never had a problem tll my GF bought some from a dollar store.. It fell apart in my ear. checked other q tips from that package many just fell apart....
31
31