Subject Author Posted Replies

Good bang/buck cordless drill?
I'm assuming the cheaper cordless drills at Harbor Freight are disposable junk that will die in short order. Anyone have experience with them? It's not clear to me what the difference is between the...
20
20

how to get rid of a guy wire blocking my access to my backyard
I am planning on turning my backyard into a parking pad as parking in the city has become really difficult. The problem is there is a guy wire that is blocking access to my yard. How do I get rid of...
24
24

[SOLVED] Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery" (2023 Update)
Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat". Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?
7
7

Electrical box extension ring?
...or "mud ring". Anyone have a good source for these things? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I found one online source but their order form doesn't work (and it's not clear they'll fit). The...
34
34

Swage stops (aka buttons)
To connect the two ends of a loop of wire, I bought a package containing an aluminum swage (aka ferrule) and a stop. How is the stop used?
11
11

Ferrules and stops for wire rope
To connect the two ends of a loop of wire, I bought a package containing 2 ferrules and 2 stops. I know how to use the ferrules but how are the stops used?
4
4

new kitchen floor: contractor job
We had our kitchen floor replaced. The new floor uses Bruce prefinished oak. The contract said that they'd te ar out some plywood under the old floor, else the new one would be too high . The floor...
22
22

Pulling up sagging drywall with fender washers.
This is a follow up to my request for help in the following thread, The sagging drywall in smallest second floor room with little furniture was pulled up with about 100 fender washers in the following...
1
1

Unsticking aluminum tubes
I need to lengthen a solar blanket roller, to reuse it on a larger swimming pool. The roller is two aluminum tubes, about 4" diameter, end to end, linked by a third tube inside, ridged so that it...
6
6

Mane burners on Armstrong ultra 80 111 furnace will not ignite
I have a Armstrong ultra 80 111 furnace that mane burners will not ignite. Induction fan comes on pilot lights and stays lite for 90 seconds but mane burners will not ignite . Thermostat works...
5
5

Muriatic Acid Tidbits.....
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem03/chem03286.htm
5
5

Sears Craftsman "Lifetime Guarantee" ?
Thought I'd ask here first. Have a Sears Craftsman Sabre Saw. Must be at least 45 years old. No longer works (well). Bought it when I was about 30 yrs of age. Sure does seem like eons ago ! Do they...
38
38

Deere 5301 PTO
I'll cross post this to There are a lot more posters there. Do you mean a 5103?
7
7

OT?? Living in space
Youtube: Never pick up a hitchhiker. Good grief. The Russians and Americans did and ended up with a Canadian on board the International Space Station.
11
11

OT: 'wall eyed uncles and yard cousins'
a great piece of prose on the 'ricin' incident- I think I understand what he's saying with; xxxxxxxx "Tupelo is a kaleidoscope," said sociologist Mark Franks, who grew up in nearby Booneville. There...