Subject Author Posted Replies

Whirlpool direct drive repair
What's it cost to have the man come out, and replace a direct drive coupler on a Whirlpool washer? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . .
20
20

No one sells caulking guns
No one sells caulking guns that look like real guns. I'd like a caulking gun that looks like an AK-47? And I want it to sound like gun shots when I pull the trigger. Is that too much to ask? Caulking...
6
6

Do those pool filter pleat brushes actually work? (Have you ever used one?)
Every time I clean the filters, I wish I there was a better method: I don't know if these nice filter pleat brushes actually work: etc. Have you ever tried them? Do they work any better than a garden...
12
12

Types of Hammers
Those are all screwdrivers :-)
1
1

OT Birds crashing into windows!
What's going on? Last year we had a bird hit the windows, maybe once a month, or every two months. This year it's been more like 6-8 a day!! And even the cautious ones hang on the junction ledge and...
24
24

Need advice from flooring experts please
Hi All, I'm working on a low-end, mobile home rental property. The water heater sprang a leak sometime in the past and destroyed 100+ sq ft of particle board flooring. Ripping up the ancient carpeting...
14
14

What size electrical junction box fits a 1-inch diameter cable anyway?
Today I tried to connect a 1-inch wide flexible conduit to what was billed as a 1-inch outdoor junction box: However, the 1-inch side of the old elbow clearly was too small to fit the threads in the...
137
137

A tractor, a chain, and one less eye
I was getting my haircut last night and my barber told me of an accident his uncle recently had. He was cutting some wood on his land and had a tractor and a chain that he was using to pull the logs....
4
4

Does it matter what kind of light bulb goes in a refrigerator?
The "appliance" light bulb in the frig has been out for about a week ... and ... well ... umm ... er ... the wife got a bit upset with me ... for ... working on other things instead ... So she...
73
73

Bizarre idea (um, maybe) on driveway "patching"
My driveway was laid 30-odd years ago with, it think, redwood used as expansion joints. Needless to say, the wood has disintegrated, decomposed, and is singing in the heavenly choir. Weeds in the...
16
16

A tractor, a chain, and one less eye.
I was getting my haircut last night and my barber told me of an accident his uncle recently had. He was out in the woods pulling some logs with a chain attached to his tractor. Apparently when he...
42
42

Installing Microwave/Vent Hood Combination Adventure
But it may have caused the unit to run hotter than it would have run otherwise!!
1
1

APC, Belkin, ... large surge protectors: made in China
I've got some of these 8 or 10 socket surge protectors. (The Belkin ones are in a metal case) I might need to get more. So, looking at Amazon at some of them, I, as usual, look at the reader reviews,...
12
12

cheap bookshelf; 4 LOOSE plastic supports per shelf; glue?
The plastic "fit in hole" shelf-supports come out too easily, with the result that if someone bumps it,the shelf falls out, along with everything on it. Each support works by pushing (inserting) its...
15
15

Electrical Question
When my house was being built, I asked that the electic hot water heater be put on a plug so that I could easily unplug it and plug in my welder, which is only used once in a while. I was told that...
21
21