Subject Author Posted Replies

Woodworker interrogated by Secret Service
"Tom Francois has been a high-end cabinet maker for 38 years. When his business started to suffer after the recession, he became vocal on Twitter and Facebook about President Obama's policies... there...
22
22

Gas valve on flexible pipe??
A couple of years ago I had my furnace replaced and the installer installed the gas cutoff valve for the furnace on the flexible Gas Appliance Connector rather than on the rigid pipe feeding it. I...
10
10

fixing window
Hi I have a problem with bathroom window. It is coming off, please see the picture below base of the window (the floor) is flexible, in another word, it can be pushed down (like car suspension), and...
10
10

peel and stick tiles
Hi I want to change/upgrade the flooring of the bedroom. I want to do somethin g quick and easy to install. So I thought about peel and stick tiles but I am not sure if they can stick nicely on the...
22
22

clutch JD5103
On JD 5103 should the PTO clutch operating rod be adjusted to be longer or shorter if the internal PTO clutch is slipping?
1
1

FiberClear instead of DE for pool filter
Has anyone tried FiberClear instead of DE for their pool filter? This is a cellulose based product that is supposed to filter better than DE. I picked up a bag to try. Mainly I was curious to see if...
3
3

Rebar for small slab ?
I am going to build a 4' X 4' X 4" slab next to an existing walkway that leads to the front doorway. It's in Texas, so frost isn't a concern. Will I need rebar for that ? It will only be walked on and...
22
22

A monumental mistake
I made a huge mistake about a month ago. First, against my better judgement, I went to the urban cowboy store, commonly known as TSC, and second bought one of those new fangled weed eater on wheels...
12
12

What is the maximum size sheet for EPDM membrane?
I'm bit confuse about the exact size of EPDM Membrane will you guys please tell me the exact size.
1
1

Good for firewood?
The tree I cut uip today had leaves all over it, and "fruit" too. I've never cut up a live tree before, only dead stuff that fell over because it was dead. But the little chain saw went through this...
42
42

What tree is this?
I can't identify the tree that fell down over my yard. It was about about 50 feet high, with a very straight trunk with no branches remaining for the first 25 feet. Its "fruit" looks like long strings...
9
9

How do you get a job with the Post Office?
My nephew just graduated high school. I suggested he look for some good jobs before taking just anything. When I suggested the Post Office, he said he tried but could not figure out how to apply. I...
34
34

Faux pas ordering pool pump & pool filter o-rings by trade size! :)
A funny thing happened when the "carefully chosen" o-rings arrived. They are all the wrong size! My wife smiled, gently chiding me, a bit incredulously ... "After all that work, you ordered the wrong...
7
7

HVAC Outside Unit Buzzing - Fan Running Intermittently
Hi, I've been combing this site for information, but I have a question I can't find an answer for. Here's our situation - 1. Last friday, we noticed the outside HVAC unit was making a loud...
29
29

Muffler on Bicycle is leaking
The muffler on my bicycle must be leaking, because it's getting real noisy. How can I test it for leaks?
1
1