Subject Author Posted Replies

$WAG from AC experts for replacing AC
Looking for some general $$$ benchmarks from this highly esteemed and knowledgeable group here on A.H.R I'm looking at getting all or part of a split AC system replaced. Ballpark for this.... Outside...
7
7

Bi-fold closet door
I want to install a bi-fold door on a closet opening which doesn't have molding. It's a clean drywall opening from out to in. A bi-fold door has the sliding track which mounts to the top and I want it...
5
5

Preventing Birds From Making Nests in Potted Plants and Baskets
We have a potted plant by our front door as well as a wicker basket where we store some gardening gloves, behind the little hedge in this picture: This year we've had three different birds make nests,...
6
6

Anyone got any propane quotes or prices?
For the coming winter my supplier wants $1.499/gal. if total contract is prepaid in full. In my case that would be 800 gallons for next winter. SE Iowa is the location. Don
4
4

American beauty pagent contestant answers question on NSA Prism issue
Look upon the mindless brains of your american children and understand why as a nation you are destined for the toiletbowl as your conversion from a libertarian republic to a federal authoritative...
33
33

F-7 passed away, when Li Xiaolong
U.S. Strategy Page website recently reported that the Chinese F-7 fighter r ecently discontinued. In its nearly 50 years of a long production cycle, J- 7 production over 2400. There are nearly 500...
2
2

Simple drywall/sheetrock question
We all know there are several thicknesses of drywall. What general applications are required for each thickness? Code? For example, if building a closet, other than the obvious thickness, is it...
9
9

Rotting wood under bathroom tile
The tile in front of the shower has loosened, and it's obvious that the wood underneath was rotting due to moisture. Some kind of plywood maybe. Question now is how to fix it. Several things in...
16
16

Propane transfer hose
I've got a couple part full propane tanks, and would like to transfer some of the propane, and take the (now) empties to fill. Refrigeration guys used to do this with "Freon" using a hose, and chill...
35
35

Have you ever used this funky style 2" PVC sliding pipe connection
I'm cutting out a leaking ion-exchange unit at the pool equipment. The local hardware store talked me into this funky repair pipe: Have you ever used one of these funky things before?
62
62

Man Stops Kids Vandalizing House —Now He Might Go To Jail
(Newser) ? You see someone smashing a hammer into a house you've been renovating. You call 911 and run inside, where you find four local boys, aged between eight and 10, all vandalizing the house....
8
8

Briggs 92905 breather tube query...
Anybody happen to know how the breather tube is attached at the engine end? Had to replace the carb/tank 'cuz the top plate on the tank got warped enough couldn't get a seal between it and base of...
2
2

Anyone use exotic media in their pool's sand filter?
Now that I refurbished all my valves I figure I may as well change the sand in the filter. It's been awhile; 4 or 5 years. I know sand filters are inefficient and there are supposedly "better" media...
5
5

Garage Door follow up DANGER !!! DANGER !!!
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I did this morning. I started the dishwasher after breakfast....
23
23

OT Bomb threat on EgyptAir plane.
OT Bomb threat on EgyptAir plane. Takes off from Cairo, en route to NYC. After note found in bathroom diverted to Scotland accompanied by two British figher planes into Scotland**. Passengers kept in...
16
16