Subject Author Posted Replies

tinting primer on kitchen cabinets
Has anyone tried to tint a whitish primer with a dark color? The overcoat is going to be an enamel walnut brown. I noticed that sometimes, the white undercoat shows through, requiring a se cond...
4
4

Shower/Tub Caulking Failure
The caulking at the top of our fiberglass shower/tub failed with age. By the time I noticed it, water damaged the edge of the drywall. I've cleaned out the old caulk, the damaged mud, and the damaged...
1
1

Happy 4th of July to our southern neighbors
Here's wishing that everyone south of the 49th parallel(* See Note Below), including those in Alaska, have a happy and safe Independance Day holiday. Canada celebrated "Canada Day" last Monday on July...
10
10

OT What are goat-heads?
OT "We moved out to the country 2 years ago. Within the first two days all 3 of our 4 kids' bike tires went flat from the goat-heads on the property." What are goat-heads?
7
7

In a normal pool, does anything *mix* the water to aid the filter?
I have one of those supposedly self-cleaning pools, which isn't cleaning all that well - so - I was just wondering how "normal" pools work before I turn off the cleaning system completely. My basic...
48
48

Installing a STRONG shelf on garage wall
I want to install a STRONG shelf on my garage wall about a foot above the floor. The shelf will be on the wall between the garage and the house. I plan to attach a 2 by 4 to the wall with lag bolts...
30
30

machine oil smell from refrigerator
I feel a little guilty asking again about machine oil smell from appliances . Well, here goes. I rent an apartment which supplies a relatively new fridge (2009 maybe). B ut it has received knocks and...
17
17

I got sick and tired.
About once a year I have to completely take apart my laptop to clean-out du st from the heat-sink. Now they could have just put in some kind of access panel where the heat-sink is so that I could just...
7
7

Help sizing undermount kitchen sink?
Just installed new cabinets and my sink base is 33". I want an SS undermount double well sink. The model I'm looking at shows its maximum width as 32 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side....
4
4

"Tar paper" on roof of small overhang
Small -- 4x6 +- wooden "eyebrow" or overhang on back porch (S. exposure). Have to replace old worn cover (what we used to call "tar paper". Any difference between individual shingles and sheet, in...
18
18

How do I prep interior concrete for staining?
My home is 10 years old, I have just recently pulled up my carpet and have started pulling up my linoleum. I would love to stain my concrete but I'm stuck. My slab has glue marks and some sort of...
6
6

Deck Question Re "Restore" Product By Rust Oleum ?
Hello, Anyone use that heavy paint-like "Restore" coating product by RustOleum ? Have a quite old pressure treated wood Deck. Live in New England. Would appreciate any opinions on, and in particular...
3
3

Teknion Cublicles
Our office has Teknion cubicles that were installed a long time ago. The particular model is discontinued, and I don't know what the model is. The glass panel in my cube is loose to the point that it...
5
5

Multi-meter
My ancient multi meter bought the farm. Any recommendations for a decent replacement. Bought a cheapie at Harbor Freight last year while out of town and that had a faulty connection and blew on first...
32
32

Did the free photo uploading site (picturepush.com) suddenly enforce registration?
Yikes. They're going to delete the pictures! That will make a zillion USENET posts useless as an archive. Bummer. FROM THEIR LETTER: Unfortunately, starting today will no longer offer a free-plan....
4
4