Subject Author Posted Replies

Overfilled the Engine oil in the Craftsman riding lawnmower
I overfilled the engine oil in the Craftsman 15 HP riding lawnmower by a couple of inches. The mower still works but there is oil leaking now below the engine oil fill tube probably at its o-ring...
10
10

Bug?
Can anyone identify this bug? (16k image) Thanks.
16
16

Interesting counter edge
We rented a house on Oregon last week and they had mica counter tops with a corian round over on the edges. It looked like a great compromise to eliminate that edge damage you frequently see in a mica...

hooking 10-2 wire to 20 amp receptace safe
This guy has the whole house wired with 10-2 wire. Will 10-2 stat tight on the Screws of standard outlets?
12
12

Coping and baseboard question
I want to install coping around my living room entry way and am running into some trouble. The room already has baseboard and quarter-round, including "around" the entryway --- ive mocked up an image...
11
11

HELOC alternatives ?
Looking for opinions on the 2 alternatives I have now (background - my home equity line of credit HELOC 10-year draw period ends in November. I never used it; it was just a safety net, and I would...
1
1

Screws are NOT made for Structural Construction
Years ago, I build a large wall out of 2x4s and fastened them together with those black drywall screws. (About 3 inch long). I built it on the ground, and when it was complete, I began to lift it into...
23
23

Box Fan to cool Attic - how effective and safe is it?
I just saw this video regarding how to keep you house cooler in the summertime by cooling the attic with a box fan. I was wondering what you guys think of it? Do you think it would work? Do you think...
14
14

How to disconnect this washing machine drum suspension cable?
I'm taking apart an old washing machine just to see how it's all put together and am puzzling over how to remove these ends for the drum suspension cable without simply cutting the cable. Anyone have...
1
1

Ford Aerostar White Coolant Residue
A few days ago I was doing a regular check of fluids and left the radiator cap off. After driving a couple of miles I smelled it, pulled over and replaced the cap. Back home after it cooled I went to...
23
23

Tub leak troubleshooting flowchart
Hi, I have a tub/shower leak on the second floor, damaging first floor ceiling. I am wondering if there is a Troubleshooting FlowChart somewhere that I ca n follow. Here is the long version. First...
4
4

Wood Floor Installation
I had 3/8" thick Bellawood installed today over concrete slab (with a skim coat of a prep material). There are many small gaps between boards side-by -side, plus a few length-wise. Is this simply poor...
15
15

Pea stone/gravel for a parking pad
The local government insists that no cars or vehicles be parked on unpaved ground. I'm planning to put pea stone down and wonder what sort of preparation is required. When my neighbor did this, they...
55
55

how to open driveway sealer can?
Is there a trick to open a driveway sealer 5-gal can, or just brute force ( of which I have little...) lifting the rim a little bit all the way around the can? I see screwdriver slots around the rim...
8
8

Mixet shower faucet
I have a 40-year-old Mixet Shower Faucet with a temperature-control knob and a volume-control handle which have become very hard to turn. How can identify what model of faucet I have so I buy the...
4
4