Subject Author Posted Replies

I bought an adapter screw on for a hose
I bought a part that screws into a faucet from my local hardware with the idea i needed an adapter to attach it to my sink and my garden hose, so I c an use it in front of my home. I think its called...
2
2

Tank vs tankless water heaters
Any suggestions between the two?
55
55

wireless outlet control with TWO remotes
Does anybody know a vendor that sells, prepackaged, wireless outlets with TWO remote controls. I understand you cannot use both remotes at the same time, but I'd like some flexibility; leaving one by...
2
2

Drinking water for Lima, Peru
Hope this URL goes to the video: Here is the web page with the obnoxious pop up ads. . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus . The lack of clean water is one of the leading causes of life-threatening...
2
2

cut hole in load bearing wall concern
I have a load bearing cmu block wall (roof ties into it) that a plumber had to access inside to get to a water line to abandon. To do this he knocked out approximately a 12" tall by 8" wide hole in...
11
11

(Maybe) OT: Adjustable height desk
AT this site and many other sites, there are examples of adjustable height desks. I am DESPERATE to find a way to get my a$$ out of computer chair. Have even pla yed around with mickey-mouse solutions...
17
17

Tire Rotation Scam
SCAM ALERT #1301 How much money do you spend each year on Tire Rotation? Each time you pay to have your tires rotated, you're throwing money away. The word "Rotation" means to turn. Guess what,...
24
24

Toolbelt - Yes or No?
I've never been a "toolbelt" person. Have instead used a small tote/caddy for my stuff. Just saw an ad from Ace Hardware for a toolbelt. Wondering what people think of using them, am I missing out on...
19
19

adjutable shelving system
On a kitchen wall I want to put some shelves- 4" or so deep- The space is about 48" wide & high-- and I want to put 3 vertical strips but keep them hidden-- and I'd like to be able to slide the...
8
8

Sears power tool parts
I"ve got an Craftsman bench grinder I bought over 30+ years ago. Needs a replacement for one of the eyeshelds. When I go to the searsparts website and look up the model number it finds it but they no...
31
31

break away 120 vac electrical plug
What should I buy for an outdoor 120 VAC electical connection that requires breakaway capability? The connector will be exposed to rain and even occasional snow. Hopefully there is a solution that...
36
36

Can I use a programmable thermostat with an oil furnace that circulates water?
We are moving into an apartment that has an oil furnace with radiators (water). Can I change the thermostat over to a programmable one? I have had forced air gas heat in the past and always been very...
43
43

Cordless drill recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill. Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ?? Thanks, And
14
14

Pegasus fawcet. Where does this screw go??
I have a Pegasus faucet. Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes? I think it fits into the hole in but don't know how to get it in??
8
8

Snaking too often
I usually don't have to call a plumber to snake the kitchen drain more than every 3-4 years. I am very prudent about grease, etc.; always wipe it int o the garbage before washing dishes or running...
19
19