Subject Author Posted Replies

Bathroom vanity venting?
Is there a limit to how far you can run horizontally with a 1-1/2 inch vent before you go vertical or tie into a stack? Present vent by previous owne r runs about 15 feet. I could tie it into a 4"...
2
2

Rayovacs in Stanley tripod light
snip You should try women sometime. They are even funner. How many power cuts do you see in a year at your location? Sounds like dozens. What does your electric company use for wiring, lamp cord held...
2
2

House Parts You Didn't Know Had a Name
Picture No. 13 shows the "Kite Winder," the middle of a set of three wedge-shaped stair steps, or winders, that together make a 90-degree turn. Why are there four wedge shaped steps in the picture,...
7
7

Anyone know of an inexpensive K+CAN obd2 diagnostic cable (or K+DCAN) with pins 7 and 8 intact?
Thanks Nate. I'll move the discussion there as I hadn't realized so few here know anything about using diagnostic software to troubleshoot issues. The great thing about bimmers and beemers is that the...
16
16

More genius innovation
Great if you have a round yard. Call the Washington DC US Park Service. They can do this in the Ellipse
9
9

OT: Flex fuel vs regular
I am looking at a new vehicle and some are equipt for high ethanol and others aren't. I am completely lost on whether FF is something to look for or just something I shouldn't object to if present.
107
107

Anyone installed LED ribbon undercabinet lights?
The state-of-the-art these days for undercabinet lighting is LED ribbons that you can cut every couple inches to get continuous (and energy efficient) lighting along the counter. I first tried to find...
10
10

Spring tab on Hoover Steam Vac fell out
My Hoover Steam Vac has spring tabs on the tank that allows the cleaner and the water to flow or stop. The tab that regulates (shuts off/opens) the cleaner tank has come out and I can't get it to stay...
1
1

OT, Any Willie Nelson Fans?
This cracked me up because I remember those days. ^_^ TDD Willie Nelson from 1965 -Sings 'Hello Walls' - 'Funny How Time Slips Away' - 'Night Life' - 'Crazy'
23
23

Trane air handler rumbling noise
My new Trane inside air handler makes a rumbling noise that is driving me insane.
2
2

Dryer Vent And Lint Question
Hello, My son has the typical home gas fired clothes Dryer, and a vent tube leading to the outside. I stuck my hand in it from the outside, and removed a fair amount of Lint. But my hand, of course,...
11
11

clapboard exposure
I'm putting up , 1/2x6" finger-jointed cedar clapboards. (actual board width is 5 1/4") Nominal exposure seems to be 4". My spacing around a window would work better if i went to 4 1/4". I'd...
7
7

Sheet vinyl vs. tile ??
Small basement bathroom (5' x 8') on concrete slab, new construction. Sheet vinyl = no seams, harder to install (for me), more expensive (have to buy the full 12 foot width. Tile = easy install, but...
42
42

Lowe's/DeWalt 1/2" 18 Volt Drill
Lowe's is running the DeWalt 1/2" drill with 2 - 18 volt batteries and a charger for $99. Since I have several other yellow tools where my 2 batteries are starting to show signs of needing...

Ryobi miter saw (TS1343L) has no lock plate?
It's mentioned about a dozen times in the manual but it's not shown in the figures.
1
1