Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Auto Insurance Reduction For Child "Away At School"
Just an FYI... My auto insurance company just lowered the premium for one of the 3 cars on my policy. Earlier this summer we bought a car for my college age daughter for her to use while she was home...
3
3

Auctioning: The Home Shop Machinist and Machinist's Workshop Magazines
A batch of 15 issues of The Home Shop Machinist magazine. Jan-Feb 2009 through May-Jun 2011. If interested see: And: Twenty consecutive issues of Machinist's Workshop magazine. Feb-Mar 2009 through...

everytime i flish the toilet water squits out of my basin at least a foot in the
everytime I flush the toilet, water from the basin squits up at least a foot from the drain in the basin sink. the toilet and basin sink are new and installed about six months ago but this problem...
14
14

Low Water Pressure from American Standard Kitchen Faucet
Model: American Standard Silhouette 4771.222 The faucet is about 13 years old. Whenever I turn either the hot or cold handles, the water comes out at a lower rate than usual. However, I can increase...
2
2

Home Depot shed
I bought a shed last year but it was empty. I think I got cheated!
1
1

Vehicle decal prompts emergency calls
Uhhh. ..... yes. A 17- and a 19- year old boy were at a stop light when they saw the woman in the back seat of the car next to theirs mouthing "Help me". They followed the car and called the police...
22
22

kids keep kicking their football in to my back garden several times a day. What are my rights?
kids keep kicking their football in to my back garden several times a day. What are my rights? If i dont answer the door they climb the fence. What can I do?
49
49

What's the trick to make Ethernet work on an HP 2100TN printer?
In another thread, I mentioned a friend gave me a printer. Here is a picture of the HP LaserJet 2100TN hooked up at my house: The friend had it on AppleTalk (Macintosh), but I'm Windows and Linux (XP...
38
38

How to properly vent 2 gas water heaters
I have a 75 gal water heater with a 4 " vent going into a chimney. If I wanted to add a second water heater, what would be the proper way to vent both into the same pipe? Could I just add a Y and vent...
20
20

HP LaserJet 2100TN: What is a fuser and would it be possible to fix?
My friend is willing to give me his B&W laser printer: HP LaserJet 2100TN It still works but he says it does not print as dark as it used to. Here is what he says. Do you think, based on this, that...
25
25

GFCI won't reset after replacing switch
I have a circuit in the house we just moves into that controls the outside lights, light over the front door, light on post, light over garage, and an outdoor GFCI receptacle that low voltage lights...
6
6

Wood stove in a trailer
Friend of mine might put a wood stove in his trailer. He's considering safety factors, and what to do in case of fire. Years ago, I considered it. Check with my insurance agent. The increased...
19
19

Echo leaf blower carb tool
I bought an Echo PB-250 leaf blower about 2 years ago. It has never worked well. I brought it back to the dealer and he gave me some bull about the gas being old. The dealer is now gone out of...
5
5

How to determine size of mini screwdrivers?
I have various mini screwdrivers that became separated from their cases. Some were labeled by a number system, some by fractional inch measurements. Is there a way to measure them to put them back in...
3
3

OT, Are You In Need Of Laughter?
The folks in Norway are a bit odd. I came across a number one hit song and video from Norway which some think is the new Gangnam Style viral video. The group or singer has a name that seems to be a...
11
11