Subject Author Posted Replies

Surge Protective Receptacles
If the receptacle doesn't also get the cable coming into the TV you may create more problems than you fix,. A strip with a TV jack is the best way to go.
4
4

How to seal a mouth guard?
This is an odd request, but this forum has come up with amazing solutions to odd requests so many times... I have fairly severe bruxism (teeth grinding). I've fractured several teeth over the years....
31
31

soil under driveway eroded away
The soil under my concrete driveway has eroded away at one portion. The driveway is now forming a concrete bridge over air. How can I resolve this? The only thing I can think of is calling a...
18
18

Craftsman wrench quality
Is Craftsman worth a damn, anymore? Do they still have the instant replacement guarantee on their hand wrenches? I'm needing an SAE combo wrench set. Since I'm no longer a professional mechanic, I...
42
42

OT - Washington, DC
No, this post is not going to be about the shootings there. But, when I was listening to the news I decided to sit down at my computer and finally find out something that's perplexed me for years....
20
20

Changed one light bulb - now both light bulbs dont work
Hi, I have a ceiling fixture that has two bulbs in it. One went out. I replaced it the one that went out, and it worked. I convinced hubby to change the o ther one as well as I am sure it will go out...
28
28

Why did we need to trim T1-11 to get it to fit?
I was helping a neighbor hang some T1-11 this weekend and we ran into an issue I didn't expect. It's been a long time since I hung T1-11 but I don't recall having this problem last time. We installed...
3
3

Light fixture wattage limit Halgen vs Incandescent
Hi, I am a little confused. If someone with electrical experience can answer, I would appreciate it. I have a ceiling light fixture that has space for two bulbs. It states that the wattage limit is...
17
17

Understanding Cordless Mower SLA Battery State
I have a cordless lawn mower with 2 12V sealed lead acid (SLA) batteries. The batteries are not charging properly, but what I am trying to understand is why when I test the batteries voltage without...
7
7

OT: Cooking question for any cook/chef on the forum
I make salsa, pico de gallo and other dips and dishes on occasion. Many recipes call for cilantro. If anyone is familiar with cilantro, it's a great herb addition but a PITA to prep, especially when...
18
18

Fire Extinguishers - when need to replace?
The hread about freon, etc. was very educational. Brought up a question bothering me: How can one tell if FE is still OK? Mine is a very old Kidde, big red puppy; A.B.C. Indicator is still in the...
67
67

Help With Electrical Water Heater?
I love this site, and would appreciate any ideas you may have. My Reliance water heater (from Lowes, 7-10 years old, and used in a rental mobile home) needs to have the reset button pressed each day...
8
8

I thought the electrician wanted to sell me LSD
I had an electrician come over to try to change some wiring so my electric bill is not so high. He wrote up an estimate, and handed it to me. Although his price was a little steep, I thought he was a...
1
1

Can't win some times
Today (Saturday Sept 14, 2013) a friend gave me an air compressor. Says when he ran it six months or so ago, ran fine. Sears oilless, 12 gal tank. Said to deliver 3.3 SCFM (think that's right) at 90...
18
18

briggs and stratton motor question
I have a regular Briggs and Stratton push mower that is about seven years old. It's been a great mower but this year I had to push the choke bulb around eight times to get it started (normally I would...
8
8