Subject Author Posted Replies

need to restore brass finish on old lamp
Have a old desk lamp and want to restore the brass shine that is worn of and needs a coat. Is there a brass spray color that will look good or do I need to apply coat of brass by dipping
6
6

Which home insurance??
I need to change providers, at my last renewal my rates went up 5% so I want to look around. I haven't got much time though, next renewal is due in a month. Is that enough time? Saw an ad for these...
35
35

Six Ways to Wrap Your Cables Like a Pro
I use bread ties and Velcro tyraps. We've shown you all sorts of ways to wrangle your cables in the past, but often you need to wrap and unwrap them when on the go. These six methods will help you...

Additional Lock for Security Door
Nowadays we used some advanced Door lock systems like Digital and touchscreen locks for doors. prefare good quality lock systems with cheap cost. Online Wholesale Hardware Store India | Bathroom...
24
24

Dishwasher Questions Re Draining, Pump, etc.
Hello, Have a 4 yr. old Kitchen Aid Dishwasher. Has developed a problem in that it does not drain completely. Leaves quite a bit of water in the bottom after any and all drain cycles. Realize that I...
7
7

i have Kenmore sub zero 550 refrigerator freezer stopped making ice. Help & suggestions please.
It seemed to get frosted inside - thought maybe since doors were left open. My hubby emptied the ice and it hasnt made any since. Weve defrosted it today - probably 1-2 weeks after initial...

I have heard my mom use the term conniption fit all my life.
I have heard my mom use the term conniption fit all my life. This must be what one looks like. :)
6
6

Hydro jet for clearing kitchen line
I have been in plumbing hell for the last few months. One damn me$$ after another. Now I ask your input on some procedure quoted to me by Plumber A as "Hydrojet". Supposed to clean around the interior...
45
45

Back Up Power for Refrigerator/Freezer
I would like to set up a back up power system for times when city power is down for extended periods. I need enough power to run our side-by-side ref rigerator/freezer, a small fan, and charge a...
72
72

OT UPS battery protection
I have a UPS protecting my computer's power with three 12v 7a batteries. Recently while I was away for a few hours the power went off and evidently the UPS ran the batteries down and they failed. I...
35
35

mini-receptacles
Yes, they still sell them. As a Google search would have revealed. Here's one at Amazon There are tons of different types/shapes of plugs. As to the "skirt", it might be an integral part of the...
27
27

Home generator success
My 1200 watt ETQ generator has been miserable. Starts on ether, after endless pulls on the starter cord. Really giving me trouble. I'm running pure gas, 91 octane. Yes, the gas is a couple months old....
21
21

Painting Door Issues
Hi All, I am painting a (cheap) prehung primed door I bought from Home Depot with a semigloss paint. I used Behr at first that I had leftover from another project. It had a tiny bit of Floetrol in it...
6
6

Cabin sealer
I need to do the sticky spray on my wood cabin. A friend of mine says to just go buy a couple of throw away pump sprayers and spray the heck out of it. What kind of spray sealer do I need to look for?...
1
1

baseboards before carpets?
Installer suggests baseboards be installed prior to carpet. Is this simply so he doesn't kick a hole in the new drywall? I thought by installing baseboards last I could eliminate the hump of the tack...
17
17