Subject Author Posted Replies

How to cut Ivy?
Help! My ivy is out of control. How do I cut this? What tool should I buy or borrow to cut or trim back excessive ivy growth on the front of my garage? Here's a picture of the front of the garage:...
9
9

Hacker's Delight
Why do I believe this? ____ *Have you seen this?*____ *"Hacker's **Delight**"*____ ____ Caution is warranted:____ ____ On Fox Business Network?s ?Cavuto? on Wednesday, computer programmer and founder...
11
11

OT: Car runs on Tweets?
|maing8|dl8|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D392833 You're a mom AND a woman. We get it! Find real-world parenting advice, fashion & beauty inspiration and great conversation with moms like you.
1
1

My home is much colder without incandescent light bulbs
My home is much colder without incandescent light bulbs. Because of th Nazi government in Washington, I was forced to replace them with those stupid looking curly compact fluresent bulbs. Those things...
15
15

toilet quiz
Alleviate your boredom with our web games, quizzes, LOLs & strong opinions. Distractions and debate to make you (❂‿❂), {ಠ_ಠ} or ¯_(ツ)_/¯
10
10

shower head leaks water every 6 - 12 hours
I have a shower stall with an American Standard single handle faucet and sh ower head. About 6 years old and for several years ever 6 - 12 hours the s hower head just leaks a bunch of water (a couple...
2
2

Home Depot Shopping Experiance - 6x8 metal shed
So I looked up metal storage sheds from the usual sources and Home depot had what I wanted and for the lowest price. Off to the Home Depot. In the door and the high school kid directing "traffic"...
31
31

Floor for 6x8 metal storage shed
I've bought and assembled several Arrow Metal storage sheds in the past. Just bought another one from Home Depot (I'll post THAT experience in another thread..). In the past I just bought a couple...
11
11

Stubborn valve stems
Here's a couple of photos of the two valve stems I'm trying replace. Both are starting to leak. I'm having a heck of time getting a wrench on these suckers. I haven't tried soaking them with anything...
45
45

LiFI bulb
Chinese scientists have invented a bulb that emits WiFI. The really good news is the bulb is an LED. The bad news is we'll all freeze to death without global warming.
54
54

LED under cabinet light
For the past 47 years we've had a fluorescent light on in the kitchen 24 hours a day. It has always been an 18" T-8 light, but I'm moving up to the 21st century. Bought a 24" LED fixture. The real...
18
18

KitchenAid KUDS01DJ
The top row of buttons, used to select options, do not come on. Nor does it seem to make a difference when I press them. Could something be loose in there that has "shorted out" their use? Otherwise,...
15
15

Wood stove "huffing"
We were at the cabin recently. The stove seemed not to be working right. Every once in a while, it would make a huffing noise, which actually sounded like gases igniting in the stove pipe. The pipe is...
2
2

Cover indoor side of room A/C to prevent mold?
Last winter, a lot of mold grew inside my room air conditioner, even though the outside of it was covered for the winter. Evidently there was still enough warm room air seeping through to cause...
6
6

OT for home repair -- armor all on tires
Today, (Friday Oct 18, 2003) a friend told me that Armor All is bad for car tires, breaks down the rubber. I did some internet research, and the Armor All web site says it is good for tires, helps...
45
45