Subject Author Posted Replies

Website help
This is a bit OT but thought one of you guys might know something about websites and domain names? I'm trying to set up a website for a small business idea but am being bombarded with advice about...
9
9

tapping into 4" cast iron stack
Is there another way to tap a vent into a cast iron stack other than cutting out a chunk and installing a fitting? Last time I did this (over 20 years ago) the stack above the cut came down like a...
5
5

What do i need to attach 3 tiles
I was removing my old medicine chest in bathroom where the background is wh ite tiled. 3 square tiles fell, not broken. I would like to put them back, but do not know what i can use to do it. I know...
3
3

Boiler Pressure relief valve (T&P) still leaking. Please help.
My 7year old Burnham MPO147 boiler was absolutely fine for years. But it s tarted leaking water out of the pressure relief valve (aka T&P valve) last week. A slow trickle would start whenever the...
32
32

OT Tire pressure sensors
Anyone think those are a money saving devices? I just learned that the sensors in tires should be replaced every time you buy tires and they are over 40 bucks per tire. The cost would seem to outweigh...
88
88

How does one remedy a waste pipe sag/belly???
During our occasional main line cleaning the service did a video and stated that we have a "sag" between our exit point and our septic tank. The sag occurs under our ground level deck so we are...
9
9

Slightly O.T. How to ripen green Tomatoes ?
What is the latest and greatest thinking on how to ripen green tomatoes?
14
14

They Installed A Smart Meter When My Back Was Turned
In the first place, they weren't scheduled for this county until November, per the power co's notification. More importantly, they weren't supposed to install it until you gave your verbal OK when...
64
64

Adding Surcharges to Credit Card Purchases
This is a result from my recent dealing with a plumber who tried to add a service charge for my paying by credit card. I didn't tell him that has been illegal in this state for as long as I can...
48
48

Jeld Wen Windows-problems with sill buckling....window problem or installation?
Jeld wen windows installed in new construction. bottom sill is buckled slightly but enough to notice. concern is water/air leakage. Any information on whether this is a common Jeld Wen problem?...
2
2

Sub-zero 650 dri pan water overflow (2023 Update)
Hi, I have a Sub-zero 650 fridge whose drip pan has water overflow. Every n ight it has 1/4 volume of the water in the drip pan and the water never goe s away, after a couple of nights it caused...
3
3

Prime concrete porch?
Concrete porch approx 10x10. Old paint scraped off. Sanded and ready to paint. Went on-line. Disagreement among pros whether to prime. It's been such a bitch to prepare, that I don't mind spending...
11
11

strike on baldwin lockset not engaging far enough to open door.
I have a Baldwin lockset on my entry door, and when you press on the latch handle, the strike does not go back far enough to clear door. When you turn the knob on the inside, it does open door. What...

Kenwood DVDR having knipptions.
Kenwood DVDR having knipptions. I got up this morning, and trying to avoid shutdown-radio and health-care-radio, I decided to watch tv during breakfast. My analog tvs get their signal off the air, via...
2
2

How to cut Ivy?
Help! My ivy is out of control. How do I cut this? What tool should I buy or borrow to cut or trim back excessive ivy growth on the front of my garage? Here's a picture of the front of the garage:...
9
9