Subject Author Posted Replies

Newbie needs help unclogging dishwasher drain hose
The drain hose from my Kenmore dishwasher leading to my Kenmore garbage disposal is getting pretty clogged. Plus the material in the hose is starting to decompose. (The hose is translucent so I can...
33
33

Should I worry?
I live in a rural area in the far SW corner of AZ. In the past, with rare long-ago exceptions, the coldest it gets is 28 or so, possibly 25 F. And that during maybe a week or so only early in the...
15
15

Coleman Evcon Forced Air Direct Vent Propane Furnace for Man Home - comes on but blower never kicks in
We are living in a Manufactured (Mobile) home with an older furnace and it's having trouble. I checked some troubleshooting websites for help but I'm stuck. This is what happens when we turn it on....
3
3

Condensation issue with KeepRite Furnace
Last Summer Air Conditioning unit was installed, this winter when furnace comes on, I see condensation (water dripping, drop by drop ) from below combustion air blower. We notice that the heat...
3
3

Did anyone try HireContractor.com
Just want to get your feedback on Did anyone try it out. Is it useful? Let me know any feedback you may have. Thanks Sam http://HireContractor.com.
7
7

Have you tried HireContractor.com
Just want to get your feedback on Did anyone try it out. Is it useful? Let me know any feedback you may have. Thanks Sam
2
2

A bit OT: Before locks?
I had a nightmare last night where I lost all my keys. This brought to mind, what did people do to secure their doors before locks and keys were invented (by Yale?)? The rich of course had guards....
20
20

Does car block heater need ground?
For Canadian winters, the car has a built-in engine block heater, powered by 120v house current. Last spring the third pin (ground) detached from the male connector. Do I really need it, i.e. do I...
7
7

Real question about moles
I have a two stage back lawn. One part runs from the house to the tree line when it was a farm field. This is an area that we sodded, sprinkled and generally take care. The other part runs from the...
8
8

Advice for wood chip to cover lousy weedy grass and dirt hillside
I have never worked with wood chips before; so I ask your advice. I had long ago mentioned to my neighbor that I needed something that is low maintenance to cover my both flat and hilly but always...
33
33

Door Security Bar
Talking about the bar that runs at a 45 degree angle from the doorknob to the floor, and which is supposed to prevent the door from opening. Jus how much force will it withstand? I suppose it depends...
7
7

Title - Leaf mulchers -- worth using?
Hello all - I've got several trees (maple and apple) in my back yard that produce piles of leaves in autumn. In previous years I bagged them and carried them to the front of the property for...
10
10

storing roofing cement
I have a fair amount of leftover roofing cement, which I would likely be able to use in the next year or two. Times past, leftovers always dry out too much to use. Once, _long_ ago, we put water on...
8
8

Installing additional natural gas valve to main branch/ any issues?
I am getting ready to install an additional gas line outside my house for m y grill, and in order to do this I have to shut off the main at the meter. I have done this in the past for other work and...
4
4

Expanding garden hose -- to be avoided
High failure rate. "pocket hose" and other brands of expanding garden hose have a high failure rate. Might explode, and delay your home repair.
33
33