Subject Author Posted Replies

Question On Foundation Project For Hillside House
A friend of mine lives in a hilly neighborhood in CA. Many houses are built such the road is basically at roof level. You park up near the road and go *down* to enter the house on the 2nd floor. The...
6
6

Coin sized lithium battery safety
I have a wooden drawer that seemed to have some dark purple liquid in it ( junk drawer has a lot of stuff in it ). While reaching for something my hand got some purple liquid on it. I looked in the...
5
5

Where can I buy a large analogue meter?
Where can I buy a large analogue meter? Big enough to show to a room of people, about a foot long pointer.
313
313

Data brokers tracking you on the internet
Sure you are being tacked. This John Oliver video gives you a pretty good idea. You can get the gist starting at 20 minutes but the end is really the best part
2
2

Low Voltage at combo switch
I have a combination switch. 1 switch works a porch light and the other switch works yard lights. I have it wired as 1 common and the 2 leads out to lights. Im maintaining 120V across switch to porch...
3
3

Russia jamming GPS in Ukraine
Russia has, it seems, been jamming GPS in Ukraine and iirc along the border. I presume the US could stop the sending of GPS signals by satellites that serve Russia, although doing so would also stop...
45
45

one final question related to the sink leaking!
One final question here and that has to do with the sink leaking. While I was trying to use the plunger in the bathroom sink in an attempt to restore drainage, I suddenly noticed water on the floor....
6
6

them designers of old thyme washing machines had some smarts..
Our, I dunno, 40 y/o (purchased used...) traditional top loading Whirlpool brand clothes washer started glitching. Description: It's got a center mounted, upright, split agitator where the bottom half...
1
1

snaking bathroom sink drain didn't help much
I have a bathroom sink drain that has very often run slow to a stop over the years. Many times in the past, I was able to plunge it and it would run fine again, but for stubborn times I have one of...
14
14

how to neutralize Liquid Plumber spill
Have a sink that Liquid Plumber didn't help and in fact went out over the top and onto the floor. What's the best way to neutralize and clean up? Thank you.
3
3

Adjusting an atomizer circuit
I've bought an atomizer circuit and "speaker", which appears to want a water depth of 1cm. However the tank/valve I have produces 2cm depth. Is there a way to change the electronics to make it vibrate...
19
19

Deteriorated garage door
This is the side door, for humans, not the main door for cars. There is water damage near the bottom: the bottom rail is still intact and in good shape. The part that's coming apart appears to be just...
21
21

recall - wall beds
safety recall - wall beds - - if not installed properly, might fail & hurt you. was surprised at the number of these sold in Canada - 53000 - ! John T.
6
6

3.5mm audio jack
I wish Radio Shack was still around. I want to make a few standard 3.5mm audio extension cables. I can find on Amazon TRS 3-pole male/female solder connectors. That's what I need for my current...
3
3

Well that's a new one
A 1 second powercut managed to crash my soldering iron!
14
14