Subject Author Posted Replies

int/ext trim paint prep question?
I found some information online but with differing techniques. So I thought I would try here to see if any of you have some sound suggestions? My house is 30+ years old and the trim (in/out) was...
7
7

Need Advice on LP Fireplace Gas .Log Insert
The problem with the logs is they will not stay lit. I can tell if it is not going to work because the pilot light will not stay. If the pilot light does stay lit then the logs will only burn for 20...
4
4

Do These Casters Come Apart? with pics...
The casters in the following pics are from an office chair purchased at Staples many years ago. The casters are pretty sluggish due to lint and hair (too many years in my daughters' bedroom). I have...
16
16

Borrowed steam cleaner left dog smell
I borrowed a steam cleaner from a friend, and after using it, it left a really strong dog odor. My friend does own several dogs. I'm not sure how to go about removing the odor. Can anyone help?
4
4

Do These Casters Come Apart?
The casters in the following pics are from an office chair purchased at Staples many years ago. The casters are pretty sluggish due to lint and hair (too many years in my daughters' bedroom). I have...
3
3

patch for cracked plastic shield on roof?
The plastic shield around the base of my attic fan is cracked at the roof l ine, on the side facing the top of the roof (i.e. in the path of water/snow coming down); how should I patch it? It's about...
5
5

Transponder car key
Had a big scare today - thought I locked my only remaining car key in the t runk.* Called road service - they said would have to send locksmith to make key in situ. Insurance would cover only $100...
14
14

All Tetrrain Hoover Carpet Cleaner
I noticed that the brushes on my carpet cleaner were not operation. When I pulled the brushes off, I noticed, that the piece that the brushes connect to, to make the brushes operating, is not moving....
1
1

3-way switches -- old house wiring
I am trying to solve a 3-way switch circuit issue in an old house. The wiring in the house is old, and it is either knob and tube wiring or whatever came after that and before "Romex" etc. There are...
32
32

OT Lee Valley article
Saw this in another newsgroup Some of us here buy from Lee Valley. This is a good reason to do so, as they treat employees right. http://fw.to/yFOyBTc
12
12

What once was old is now new again. White appliances are BACK.
http://investors.whirlpoolcorp.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=692074
2
2

OT - vehicle thank you
Might have been on this list. A couple weeks ago, I mentioned my work van didn't start for a hoot. Someone suggested that might be a bad cap and rotor on the distributor. I wasn't sure, thinking it...
16
16

If anyone wants free bit-coins, here's how to get them
So there's a site where you can create a bitcoin wallet and will deposit fractional bitcoins into it each hour. You can play games or try to win a jackpot once you have the wallet: But first, if you...
2
2

Light bulbs
While I was in Europe I saw these Osram light bulbs. They are much better t han the Chinese garbage sold in the U.S. They are reliable and economical. Anyone have any idea why they?re not sold here?
19
19

Wire connection torquing ?
The instructor at my last code refresher class talked about properly torquing wiring connections. He said he went through a building one time checking the connections. Few or none were torqued...
19
19