Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem: Freezer Works, But Not fridge??
Hello, Our Kenmore upright fridge - only a year old is not cooling in the refrigerator section. Model number is 253.68822010 The freezer (upper section) is cold, and so we figured there may be an air...
18
18

OT: Murphy's Law?
Hmmm, It seem to happen every holiday season. Major cause of expenditure occurs. This time it is Denon AVR 988 AV RX on my HT system. After a few years good service it is dying(burning smell). Good...
43
43

Squanto
In our innocent youth, we all learned the story of Thanksgiving. Many poin ts of view, much spin, endless scholarship. What nobody seems to mention is that the "noble savage" Squanto, who suppos edly...

Harbor Freight 25% Coupon exp 12/31/2013
Thanks Red, very much appreciated! Jon
2
2

Goodman gas valve not working
I have a Goodman GMP100-3 furnace that will not fire up. It's been giving me problems for a few weeks now but finally quit altogether. Early symptoms were as follows: Draft induction motor would turn...
22
22

Thankful
I'm thankful for a home, to live in. My home is more like a garage, not a carport. It's got walls, and doors. Sadness, for Philipine Islands, where so many people no longer have walls, or doors.
14
14

Tack rag DYI
Hi folks - A while back somebody posted a way to DYI tack rags. Could author or someone repost? About to hit big painting job & hate to buy tack rag$. Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving/Chanukah. HB
6
6

Rust spot on washing machine
Hi All, My wife's Speed Queen washing machine has developed a rust spot up by the plastic hole labeled "bleach". If my memory serves me, there is a chemical treatment that will eat and stop the rust,...
14
14

Abridged version - Alarm system transformer + power supply
My alarm stopped working I replaced the transformer Now it works again Doug
24
24

House build photos
I shoulda done the photobucket thing long ago ...
1
1

How do I tweet thee?
OT I know that to make a phone call, I need a phone or a cell phone. And to text, I need a cell phone. And to email, I need a computer or a cell phone or something in between. And I know for Facebook,...
2
2

An excercise in electrical phases
For those not interested in the discussion about phase that started in the other thread, please ignore this. For anyone interested, here is an interesting thought experiment I'd like you to consider....

Electrical Problem (Kinda OT, maybe)
Would you tell us how your electrician resolved your electrical problem? If it were me, I would keep having trouble with that circuit until they came out and put the freezer on it's own circuit. I...
9
9

What is a Campbell Hausfeld® Switch?
What does one use Campbell Hausfeld® Switch for? All I know is that it goes on a compressor. Please enlighten me. http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/campbell-hausfeldreg%3B-switch-kit?cm_vc=-10005
5
5

Dyson Vacumm Opinions
I"ve been using Hoover Self-propelled beater brush uprights for years and years. Seem to clean ok and CR has always rated them as high as anything else including Dyson. In fact, last time I looked,...
7
7