Subject Author Posted Replies

IDT?
Two or three times I've had guys from IDT? or some similar name come to the door wanting to sell me electricity. They always want to see my old bill, and I know their bosses want that so they can get...
9
9

Janitrol garage heater
I have a Janitrol Garage heater and have what I believe to be a fan/thermos tat problem. The unit's pilot lights fine, the unit fires up fine, after30- 45 seconds the fan comes on. BUT the fan runs...
1
1

Most efficient use of heating zones
Hello, My house is heated with natural gas. The 1st floor living area is a pretty open floor plan and there are 3 heati ng zones. Is is more efficient and cost-effective to have all 3 zones on, or...
2
2

Digital multimeter
What should I look for in a digital multimeter for home use? I'd like to spend less than $50, if possible, but would be willing to spend more if it makes a big difference for home use. Any...
60
60

replacing ceiling fan with light fixture
my sister asked me to replace a ceiling fan in her bedroom with a light fixture. She has two wall switches on/off switch and another switch that is the fan speed. She will only need the on/off switch...
8
8

Low watt CFLs
I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts. Is that some design limitation ? Thanks.
4
4

water meter malfunction
Is it possible for a water meter measuring the volume of water flowing from public owned water line to private water line to malfunction by showing 20 times the actual volume flowing, and then...
12
12

warer meter
Is it possible for a water meter measuring the volume of water flowing from public owned water line to private water line to malfunction by measuring 20 times the actual volume flowing, and then...
2
2

How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?
It finally got cold enough at the house to turn on the heat, for the first time since last winter - and - and - nothing happened. The heat didn't go on all night, so this is what I saw in the morning:...
169
169

Repair cracked grout
There is small crack along the grout line between the granite countertop and the tile backsplash. What is the way to fix it? It is about 1mm in width. Pics here Thanks
11
11

Carrier Wal PAC 52xx series
Hi, During recent cold snap I had to turn on heat for extra warmth in my sun room to keep plants warm. heat started alright but after couple days it quit ... no more heat blows. Anyone familiar with...
2
2

required clearance between fireplace double pipe and 2 x 4's??
fireplace has double pipe exhaust going straight up. Present construction has NOTHING near that pipe and the only place the pipe structure is touched [mounted] is a couple of places. one is the...
4
4

Questions about programmable switches
I need to replace a programmable light switch that was fried when a contractor plugged a compresser into the outlet it controls. I am trying to decide between these two Honeywell (Aube) programmable...
48
48

Accurate refrigerator thermometer?
The past week my Kenmore refrigerator freezer has been running about 15 over 0. It used to be 0 or a bit less on the Walmart freezer thermo. I tried another Walmart thermo that measures both refrig...
15
15

Best brand of duct tape?
No doubt this has been asked and answered a jillion times, before, but not in my memory. So..... What is the best brand of duct tape? I'm talking the usual general applications associated with duct...
11
11