Subject Author Posted Replies

Shadowy Data Companies Have Intel on Almost Every American For Sale
Shadowy Data Companies Have Intel on Almost Every American For Sale The Senate Commerce Committee issued a report on the multibillion dollar data industry today, and the accompanying testimony and...

furnace BTU
Today's furnace specify btu. Is that input or output ? Greg
92
92

Microwave question
I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave. I really like it, and it has performed like a champ for years now. Now, with increasing frequency, it will not start when I shut the door. Lifting the door up...
6
6

Another milestone
Today I constructed the "hallway" from our new room into the camper . We are now also heating the camper with wood ... I have a fan near the cieling of the room pushing warm air into the camper , cold...
10
10

Furnace won't restart
My oil furnace, forced air, no boiler, just got a new nozzle and its electrodes adjusted etc., and when first turned on, it ran 90 minutes and stopped. In a little while it started up again for 20...
26
26

Gas plastic, got water in it
A couple days ago, it snowed. I went to go start my Dad's (RIP) snow blower. Ran for half second, and would not start. The gas in the fuel tank is a bit milky looking. And the gas plastic (I refuse to...
18
18

non-wood decking alternatives
Hi, can anyone give me some non-wood decking alternatives that I can use in my home? I dont want to use wood for outdoor decking because of the maintenance costs. However, I want something that...
12
12

Holiday warning
With the holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with you about drinking and driving after a "social session" with friends. Well, this past month, I was out on a pre-Thanksgiving...
4
4

Smart Meters
I know they store power usage trends and can see how that might help the power generators. I logged in to my account and saw that when I ran the AC, the power usage went up. What a revelation! LOL!...
49
49

Can you help me interpret this spectrum analysis noise plot?
Can you help me interpret this 2.4GHz WiFi spectrum analysis noise plot that I just ran from my Ubiquiti Rocket M2 rooftop antenna? I'm trying to debug why I have -88dBm of noise at my rooftop radio....
71
71

sewer collapse question
The HOA just sent out an email that there has been a sewer collapse and that the city was working on it. The city told the HOA that some might have problems with sewer gas getting into the house...
28
28

stripped screws in shower dain
I removed the old drain cover in my 11-year old shower to install a new one. I found the cast brass pipe had two brass screws, which were frozen in place and the heads stripped off when I tried to...
7
7

3-way LEDs... at last?
Anyone seen these? There's been some discussion of these over on CPF, but only two reported spottings both in CA. A web search for these yields only the link above and two threads on CPF. Lowe's web...
41
41

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home
At 2:30am the house shook like it would from a sonic boom and it turned out to be a gas explosion in a neighborhood within a mile from me. It destroyed a two story brick apartment building containing...
187
187

Newcandescents
A fella is selling rough service bulbs to avoid government rules basically outlawing incandescents. The smallest ones are 25 watt. I associate rough service bulbs with trouble lights. Those are...
19
19