Subject Author Posted Replies

Microwave oven stopped
My almost 3 year old M O was baking a small red potato. I had set it for 6 minutes and while it was being cooked, I was doing other things in the kitc hen..so I was not really paying any attention to...
24
24

Fish Tape
I need to run a power cord through an existing concrete foundation. There is a schedule 40 PVC 1 5/8" ID, 1 15/16" OD waterline embedded in the concrete that has 2 90degree bends, they are standard...
19
19

Aluminum threshold on cement floor
I've been asked to anchor aluminum threshold for commercial doors. About six inches wide, and runs the width of two 36 inch steel doors. One half of the threshold is loose, and needs maybe four or so...
45
45

Oh, Shoot, good timing
GDO all of sudden quit last night, Hurried out to get a replacement. Have to spend all day putting it up. This time 1Hp one, almost direct replacement Genie PowerMax 1500. Good timing because weather...
2
2

OT Dratted crop dusters!
3 AM this morning for a half hour - crop duster spraying herbicide, insecticide or homicide this morning. Circling the helicopter time after time over my mobile home, just high enough to clear the...
15
15

General computer question
Right now I have two separate computers; both Intel Pentium IV's running Windows XP. Both have two PS2 ports; one designated for a PS2 mouse, and the other for a PS2 keyboard. I also have an IOGear...
24
24

FOLLOW-UP on MICROWAVE THAT TRIPS BREAKER
FOLLOW-UP on MICROWAVE THAT TRIPS BREAKER My friend didn't call me a week ago Friday like he was supposed to and I was busy for 8 days, but I was there Sunday, and his wife said they did try the...
1
1

OT, Cover Your Eyes, ROTFLMAO
I live in Alabamastan and this story had me rolling on the floor. It appears that the young lady organizing the Christmas parade for the small town of Semmes, Alabama heard of a wonderful male dance...
1
1

OT: My personal test of 20 free offline Android gps map routing applications
...Lots of good info snipped... Can you explain the purpose of an offline map routing program? I use the Google Navigation app and my issue isn't data usage, it's how badly the GPS sucks the life out...
83
83

Delta Shower Faucet Repair advice?
So it was that time again to replace the washers and springs in one of my Delta shower faucets. I noticed that the left side shut-off valve (the one turned with a screw driver to shut the water so the...
4
4

They Should Make Plumbing Fixtures From Christmas Tree Stand Parts
This is the Christmas Tree stand that I have been using for at least 2 decades: The spike is held into the base with a rubber grommet like this one: The spike can be wiggled and twisted and moved all...
5
5

OT humor
I'm sure many already know this one, but it was new to me SOME FORD HISTORY > > Here is a little known fact ... > The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Max, invented and > developed...
12
12

OT Target Hacked
The discounter Target had their site hacked. Something like forty million debit and credit accounts could be affected. Article here: http://tinyurl.com/mgv8pwe
65
65

Vacuum question
I have a large shop vac, 2.5" hose, 2.5 horse motor. How would the end suction power compare with a 40 or 50 foot hose? Would it drop considerably? I want to use one to harvest pecans, and need the...
21
21

Glass lenses
Well my Google Foo failed me today. Fella at work drug in 2 old railroad lights he bought on Ebay. I think they may have been to tell whether the track switch was thrown. I don't think they originally...
5
5