Subject Author Posted Replies

RedMax Outdoor Equipment: Who Are They, etc. ?
Hi, Live outside of Boston. Lots of ads lately for outdoor equipment of most every type from a manufacturer called RedMax. First time I ever recall seeing or hearing anything about any RedMax outdoor...
5
5

Maple tree 3 feet from house
I have a tiny lot, 1/20th of an acre, iirc, including the space the house is on. It's a town house, end of group. The first owner did great landscaping but some things have died. I've planted some...
20
20

Supreme court to decide if company can stream OTA tv over the internet
So this is what I don't get. The company (Aereo - dedicates a small antenna (and, I guess, tuner) to you that you can access over the internet for a small monthly charge. This lets you watch what-ever...
75
75

tree fell during a storm so the owner grabbed his chainsaw and started to cut it up when this happened.
The tree fell during a storm so the owner grabbed his chainsaw and started to cut it up when this happened.
18
18

Hoover Steam Vac V2 Model F7225-900 continually dispenses clean water.
This is a brand new unit in-spite of the year it was manufactured. It was not used until I received it. Use the factory manual and followed all the set up and cleaning instructions. First 10 minutes...

poly for outdoor plywood signs
---------- BTW - they are only outside for the holiday season...
15
15

How "green" buildings can quickly turn black.
Archived Issues
8
8

GFCI wiring ...
I have an in-panel 20A gfci breaker which will soon be wired to the outlet next to the sink in the bathroom . Later , when I add a kitchen , I'd like to supply the outlets near the sink from the same...
19
19

OT: Streaming Netflix
I have been using the little red envelopes for years, but recently got curious about streaming instead. Anybody use that? Satisfied? Prefer to red envelopes? After talking to a Netflix employee, I got...
45
45

any hair strainer for the show you like?
Hi All, Anyone have a favorite way of keeping hair from going down the shower drain? Something that you won't trip on or slide on and that actually stays in place and catches hair? Lot of nice ones...
3
3

Rotted Outside Wooden Window Sills
Hello, Have some wooden window sills with some decent size (rotted out) holes in them on the outside portions. a. One Contractor wants to cut them off, flush, on outside and just screw in a new sill...
6
6

wacko roof tile idea, split plastic pipe
I have some roof deck damage on a small shed. It's a standard plywood deck with asphalt shingles, and I'd have repaired it the same way by now if acc ess weren't a bit tricky. But it got me thinking....
11
11

Another Water Heater Option
Thanks to all who answered my question about tankless electric water heater s. I think I'll stick with an oil-fired unit. I got an estimate for two opt ions; I can replace the free-standing oil-fired...
6
6

Well , kinda OT , kinda on
My 22" LCD monitor died , backlight problems and I'm not sure if it's a power supply problem or the CCFL's ... so I ordered an LED replacement backlight kit . When I disassembled the screen , I...
12
12

Happy april 20 day
With no desire to offend anyone, happy April 20. On this day, certain people believe that signifigant events occured which changed the way people interact with a certain supreme being.
19
19