Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardwood floor installation
Planning to lay 3/4" hardwood floor soon to my upstairs (2nd floor bungalow). Watched a few you tube videos to see if there is anything I can still learn. Some videos show a barrier between the...
15
15

What is the "payment due date"?
Abez znow! Which, in Ukrainian means "So that you know" but really means "So that later on you have no recourse in claiming you didn't know." I just got my April VISA bill in the mail today. They...
29
29

Side door
Higgs Boson has left town; too embarrassed to admit he was yakking on about hollow core exterior side door --when it was ***solid core*** all the time! I am carrying out HB instructions to post this...
6
6

fix shed roof that's hard to reach
The edge of my shed roof has rotted. It's a standard shingle over wood deck, about a 4/12 I'd guess, only one story. I think I just need to cut out a strip of the end of the deck and replace. It...
15
15

Moldy smell - lingers for two weeks now in dry tile bathroom - where is it coming from?
I guess you have now learned your lesson. You will probably have to get rid of the towels you washed with their moldy stuff, then let fresh air and bright sunlight do the rest.
14
14

Snap On vs. Husky sockets
I was working on my brakes the other day and ran into a issue with one of the rotors. I called a mechanic friend for some advice and he stopped over. He asked me for a 14mm socket, so I handed him a...
43
43

How do I level freestanding shelves on a floor that's not level, to keep them from falling over?
I rent a house and the floors are not level at all. I have several 6' high sets of shelves, they are made of plastic, wood and metal. If I push the sh elves back against the wall, there is a 3" gap...
15
15

Using weed killer
I picked up a container of Ortho 'Weed B Gon' to control some weeds around my property. First I tried it out on a few isolated smaller ones to see how it worked. I squirted them a few days ago. They...
48
48

Fastener for gutter?
A corner in my gutter is leaking because one of the rivets joining two section failed, opening a gap at the bottom of the corner where two sections meet. I removed the rivet and temporarily put in a...
2
2

Glass Block Windows
I need to replace four very old basement windows and was considering either regular windows or glass block. The windows haven't been opened in 30 or 40 years so glass block might be more secure. I had...
14
14

RedMax Outdoor Equipment: Who Are They, etc. ?
Hi, Live outside of Boston. Lots of ads lately for outdoor equipment of most every type from a manufacturer called RedMax. First time I ever recall seeing or hearing anything about any RedMax outdoor...
5
5

Maple tree 3 feet from house
I have a tiny lot, 1/20th of an acre, iirc, including the space the house is on. It's a town house, end of group. The first owner did great landscaping but some things have died. I've planted some...
20
20

Supreme court to decide if company can stream OTA tv over the internet
So this is what I don't get. The company (Aereo - dedicates a small antenna (and, I guess, tuner) to you that you can access over the internet for a small monthly charge. This lets you watch what-ever...
75
75

tree fell during a storm so the owner grabbed his chainsaw and started to cut it up when this happened.
The tree fell during a storm so the owner grabbed his chainsaw and started to cut it up when this happened.
18
18

Hoover Steam Vac V2 Model F7225-900 continually dispenses clean water.
This is a brand new unit in-spite of the year it was manufactured. It was not used until I received it. Use the factory manual and followed all the set up and cleaning instructions. First 10 minutes...