Subject Author Posted Replies

us cars; dry wipe
Maybe this should go in some automotive group, but I find you guys know just about everything. I have a GMC van, and like ALL US cars, it dry wipes. What I mean... On a US car when you clean your...
3
3

where are the honey bees?
My new cherry tree NW of Baltimore didn't seem to have many bugs fertilizing it. Just 4 when I looked, two honey bees and two other things about half as big and all black. Is this because of the...
65
65

shortage of honey bees?
My new cherry tree NW of Baltimore didn't seem to have many bugs fertilizing it. Just 4 when I looked, two honey bees and two other things about half as big and all black. Is this because of the...
6
6

OT - What do you do with your old rotors?
If you do your own brakes, what do you do with the old pads and rotors? Garbage? Recycling bin? Something else?
37
37

Water-waster/time-waster shower head solutions.
Last month we went on a road trip looking at colleges for my son. At one motel in San Diego they had the worst shower I can remember. It was designed for vertically challenged people and the flow was...
13
13

Why You Ought to Shop at Lowe's
Because I own stock in the company.
14
14

Shower Door Repair
I would like to reverse the hinge on a pivoting shower door. [The glass is textured on one side and I'd like to keep that on the outside. This requires that I move the hinge and not just flip the...
4
4

Borate for Swimming Pool
The pool store I go to is always pushing "PoolProof" which is basically borate dissolved in a liquid. I was reading and it seems to confirm the benefits of borate. Of course anything sold for a pool...
32
32

Email effectiveness
In my experience email is losing its effectiveness. For example, twice this past week my email to a company with a question/problem was ignored and I've had to send USPS letters instead. (I prefer...
23
23

Building an exterrior door.
My wife is wanting a stained front door. How hard would it be to build a nice wood front door as well as a new front jam/casing? How would you hang a door in a casing you made yourself? It seems I...
6
6

Fix Bumpy Paint On Door
Hi All, I painted a door with semigloss paint after stripping and sanding both sides smooth, then priming. One newly painted side looks good and smooth, but the other side looks really bumpy. I used...
4
4

Windowsill Marble or Granite?
I'm remodeling the downstairs bathroom. I have a raised ranch and on the lower level at the foundation top we have a very wide windowsill, about 8" or so. The walls will be porcelain tile up to about...
21
21

Concrete Patio next to house foundation
I live in Colorado where it is hot and dry in summer and very cold and dry in winter. I hired a contractor to pour a concrete patio next to my house. He poured the concrete all the way to touch the...
4
4

wood flooring (making your own)
I have contemplated making my own for some hardwood in the house. I have a sawmill near by that seels kiln dried lumber. I can probably buy a router b it and tongue and groove it, however I am...
9
9

Side Exhaust AC and Venting deck panels for AC
I have a rental townhouse where I need to install A/C. First let me say that the AC unit MUST go under the deck. All of the housing units with A/C, except one, have it under the deck. It will be a...
3
3