Subject Author Posted Replies

HF impact driver review
Today I got to do a practical use of my impact screw driver. Wasn't sure how it would do with drill point, self drilling screws. It did very well, and I'm quite pleased. It was on sale at HF, and I...

Dad's Wise Sayings
Every now and again, I think of a wise saying Dad used to use. Measure twice, cut once. Never take a flight of stairs empty handed. I'll think of more, in the days ahead. Will share with the list. You...
9
9

HF Reviews web forum
I've posted a few reviews of Harbor Freight tools. Today's review: Harbor Freight Reviews - read and write reviews on Harbor Freight tools, supplies and equipment. Harbor Freight Reviews - read and...
1
1

Kitchen faucet drip
I had some real winners move out of an apartment-- I was in the unit a week before the left.. Right after they left, the kitchen sink faucet was const antly dripping and a steady pace- moving the hot...
6
6

water heater leaking!
My water heater is leaking from the bottom today. There's a drop falling every second or two so its failure is probably imminent. I have called a plumber to come check it out this afternoon. I'd like...
84
84

Specialized wrench needed
At church we have a couple panic bars that stop working, now and again. What I need is a small wrench that's about the shape of letter F. Need to bend a piece of metal a couple degrees, but it's near...
12
12

Need Super Soaker recommendations
Hi All, Calling all current and former Juvenile Delinquents, I need recommendations for a super soaker. 1) user: little old lady (sister in law) 2) use: scare off stray cats beating up on her kitties....
4
4

Roofing nailers
I am looking for recommendations for roofing nailers from those who have used them. I have a framing gun from Bostitch and I am very happy with it. Thanks.
4
4

Breaker box inside panel
I have a customer that needs the inside panel that fits over the breakers. The breaker box is old, Federal Pacific Electric Catalog # RH 318-36. I looked around but could not find it. Any more ideas ?...
17
17

How does Google Imaging & satellite spying photo analysis work?
I'm a layman, so, keeping it at lay-talk, fundamentally, how does Google Images recognize two images as having the same provenance? And, is it similar to how software find tanks and missiles in a spy...
1
1

My floors sound like a shot-gun!
Is this something I should worry about? When the nights are cold, the hard wood floor, especially on the second floor, start to POP like a shot gun. Maybe 5 pops during the course of the night. I've...
5
5

Decking shim question?
I have a Q for builders and carpenters regarding desking shims: I am replacing some old boards on my deck and this original material was NOT 5/4 so its true thickness is 0.75 (3/4"). The original...
12
12

Experiment with LED lamps
My subdivision has gates with 2 post lights, each with 2 mini candelabra base bulbs, plus 2 150 watt floods (tube type lamp) on the sign. The post lights each used 2 60 watt incandescent lamp. We were...
11
11

13 amps
On what basis do you suppose thye rate this at 13 amps, instead of the usual 15 amps for 14 gauge? The length? 100 feet Their 12 gauge gets rated at 15 amps.
12
12

I defeated a modern gas can.
Oy. I'm not throwing away any of my gas cans until I die.
8
8