Subject Author Posted Replies

fuel pump in Kohler CV engine
I have a riding mower with a CV-12 engine. Sometimes it stops as if out of gas. If I remove the gas cap and wait a moment, a stream of bubbles from the fuel line will bubble up through the fuel. Then...
6
6

Gfci on a different circuit tripping when I turn tv on!
I have a gfci on one circuit that trips when I turn on a tv that is on another circuit! This only happens if I leave the tv off for exended period of time like 24 hours! I can not repeat this if I...
5
5

Pool pump motor conversion to dual speed - update
I replaced a 1 hp full speed pool pump with a dual speed pump with the goal of hopefully substantially reducing the electric power used. I was concerned if the pump would startup and work with the...

Speaker repair
I've got a lot of big, small and medium speakers that have blown out over the years. Typically I take them to the attic where they usually make pretty good bookshelf supports. In the spirit of...
56
56

Mixing latex paint with concrete
Is it possible to mix black latex outdoor paint with saccrete to give the c oncrete color? I know there are some poweders you can buy for color, but I cant find the exact shade. Also, I know this is a...
24
24

Tap and Die question
I've worked with tap and dies often throughout the years (more tap than die). The charts which come with tap and die sets provide drill bit/hole size for tapping but if I want to thread a rod, what is...
5
5

HF impact driver review
Today I got to do a practical use of my impact screw driver. Wasn't sure how it would do with drill point, self drilling screws. It did very well, and I'm quite pleased. It was on sale at HF, and I...

Dad's Wise Sayings
Every now and again, I think of a wise saying Dad used to use. Measure twice, cut once. Never take a flight of stairs empty handed. I'll think of more, in the days ahead. Will share with the list. You...
9
9

HF Reviews web forum
I've posted a few reviews of Harbor Freight tools. Today's review: Harbor Freight Reviews - read and write reviews on Harbor Freight tools, supplies and equipment. Harbor Freight Reviews - read and...
1
1

Kitchen faucet drip
I had some real winners move out of an apartment-- I was in the unit a week before the left.. Right after they left, the kitchen sink faucet was const antly dripping and a steady pace- moving the hot...
6
6

water heater leaking!
My water heater is leaking from the bottom today. There's a drop falling every second or two so its failure is probably imminent. I have called a plumber to come check it out this afternoon. I'd like...
84
84

Specialized wrench needed
At church we have a couple panic bars that stop working, now and again. What I need is a small wrench that's about the shape of letter F. Need to bend a piece of metal a couple degrees, but it's near...
12
12

Need Super Soaker recommendations
Hi All, Calling all current and former Juvenile Delinquents, I need recommendations for a super soaker. 1) user: little old lady (sister in law) 2) use: scare off stray cats beating up on her kitties....
4
4

Roofing nailers
I am looking for recommendations for roofing nailers from those who have used them. I have a framing gun from Bostitch and I am very happy with it. Thanks.
4
4

Breaker box inside panel
I have a customer that needs the inside panel that fits over the breakers. The breaker box is old, Federal Pacific Electric Catalog # RH 318-36. I looked around but could not find it. Any more ideas ?...
17
17