Subject Author Posted Replies

How Do I Fix A Bad Hydroseed Job
Last fall they dug up a section of our front lawn to replace the gas service. This winter the town plow did its usual fine job of tearing up the front 6 feet of our lawn near the road. A contractor...
14
14

Amazing Economic (non)Recovery: A Third Of America's 18 To 34 Years-Olds Live With Their Parents
Well duh! I would expect to see a lot of college students (18-22 year olds) listed as living at home.
3
3

OT-Way to arrange my computer business
Hello, We use Acronis to back up and change systems at work. A DVD/CD and an external drive are all you need. Why use the cloud when it can be local and as simple as plugging in your archive to the...
13
13

Delta T on good running A/C unit
Hello, What is typical reading of Delta T when system is running well? What is low limit which needs attention. Just starting the unit for the season. TIA,
5
5

Oil those garage door hinges!
I think of myself as being pretty good about maintaining things around our home, but I sure missed this one. One of our 27 year old multipanel single width garage doors equipped with an equally olde...
15
15

Central Air Condenser busted, is the repair service being honest? Can I obtain and install a condenser myself?
Hello, A central AC repairman found that the compressor inside my condenser (fan b ox that sits outside) has a short. Current system is a Trane. My choices ar e to have them try to locate a...
21
21

MAYTAG Bravos HE clothes washer transmission oil leak oil.
MAYTAG model # MVWX500XLO ; High Efficiency top load washer; s/n C03430508 . Slightly less than 4 years old just had an awful oil smell on the most recent run. I looked under and there is oil leaking...
7
7

is 3 mil plastic thick enough for a vapor barrier in a bedroom wall
I am putting insulation in a bedroom wall in my home,i was told i also have to install a vapor barrier. I have 3 mil plastic but i don't know if thats enough. My home was built in 1892 and it is...
3
3

I beat the rain!
I have had a small leak on the roof over the front porch. I found that there is one spot where I have to apply a bit of "Snow Roof". It works fine but needs to be re-applied once a year. Of course I...
7
7

What to do with an unused artisian well.
We have an artisian well on our property that is no long in use but it has water that continues to come out of it that is making a soggy mess in our yard. Whatever the water should be doing or...
6
6

What bug is this, deux
What bug is this? It looks like a Cheerio, but it's medium dark brown, and the circle isn't quite complete. A robin has been eating a lot of them in my yard, right after I mowed it (the yard, not the...
5
5

Natural Gas From House To Shed: Aboveground?
We've got piped-in natural gas and I'm tempted to convert my little generator to use nat gas so, in the event of an extended electrical outage, we'd be covered fuel-wise and be out from under the...
30
30

Leaky Compression Sillcocks for Washing Machine. Any reason not to solder on Sillcocks?
Yesterday my tenants had a new washing machine delivered. The sillcocks were leaking after they were turned off and back on the installer tried to fix them but couldn't. So the tenant went and bought...
9
9

OT: Flex Seal Clear Roof Leaks
Has anyone used Flex Seal to repair an asphalt shingle roof leak? If so did it work?

OT: What bug is this?
Anyone know what this little bugger is? I've seen a few of them in my home lately and I don't know if I should be concerned. Thanks https://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/14129883539/...
6
6