Subject Author Posted Replies

HF compressor troubleshooting and repair
I've got a 3 gal pancake compressor that rides with me in the van. Today I put on a tire that I'd bought at garage sale, and got the compressor out to air it up. The compressor normally goes up to 100...
30
30

Type of wire to air conditioner disconnect
I'm helping install a mini-split AC. The manual says I need 10 gauge wire to an outdoor disconnect switch. I've two questions: 1. What does the NEC say about the min height of the disconnect switch...
6
6

Stucco color matching
For patching small areas, is it best to just stucco it with no color and then plan on painting over it? I have added color a couple of times and it's close, but never close enough that I don't have to...
6
6

OT/It all started with a skin flick
Cut rest of a good story. That sounds like something commentator Paul Harvey used to tell. I think he called those segments The Rest of the Story.
3
3

Chinese equivalent of carb?
The many carbs on eBay look very similar to the original one from my Homelite HB-100 blower with the following specs: Carb (c1uh37) zama Genuine OEM Part - Manufacturer #UP00652 Problem is that this...
2
2

OT: AliExpress Not Taking Credit Cards?
Just went to order a batch of cameras on AliExpress and the checkout screen advised that they were unable to process credit cards. Not just my credit card.... credit cards in general. Anybody know...
4
4

Squeaky hardwood floor
I am getting static from other occupant about squeaky hardwood floor in hall, through which I must constantly pass. He's light sleeper; won't use ear plugs; I have to do ***something.*** This is an...
22
22

OMG I can't believe how crappy consumer laundry equipment is
I've been out of the loop when it comes to repairing washers and dryers since for the past 30 years I've purchased only commercial machines for my own house and for one rental townhouse. These...
44
44

Arkansas home was struck by an errant 155mm artillery round
The military base will probably miss a great opportunity for good civilian relations. They should have their grunts show up to help with the renovations, cleanup, etc. Even base commander come out to...
14
14

Thermostats running on battery
Hi, I was going over the manual for Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 and noticed it can run on 24V system control power with battery as back up during power failure, if wire is run to connect C terminals...
2
2

Ping Oren
I noticed one of the cruisers in the shooting photos had SE on it. Was the shooting at the WalMart on Trop and Spencer, or the one down by Sam's Town. My SIL (Metro) is vacationing right now, just...

Condensation around chimney
We just got done with a very cold winter. On some of the coldest days there was a lot of condensation in the house right near the ceiling adjacent to the chimney. I have a standard gas furnace that's...
18
18

reconstitute PVC cement
That is true in normal conditions. Addition of water MAY make the glue irretrievable.
11
11

Remote chance, but...
SWMBO has a moderately expensive hair dryer from Ion Professional Products, Model 301100 that has broken cord right at the handle. If'en I could get it apart, I could cut a couple inches of, resolder...
26
26