Subject Author Posted Replies

Doublewide homes
So we are slowly rebuilding the outer walls because the siding is flaking away. (Ants, cockroaches, crickets found the glue tasty.) This problem has resulted in water damage to the 2x4s that make the...
12
12

Canaduh should ban hammers!
Windsor hammer attack: police charge suspect with attempted murder Child in serious condition with skull fractures in London hospital Police charge a 28-year-old man with attempted murder after a...
2
2

Connecting free-standing shed to house
I'm looking at building a 150 square foot workshop / storage building in the backyard. It won't need power or plumbing for what I'm doing and as long as it's at least 5-ft from the house or property...
13
13

Washing machine transmission for GE Model WWA8829RBLWW
This excellent long-time washer started leaking oil a few years ago and turned out that it needed a new transmission. Replacement cost would have been around $240 plus labor, so I covered it up and...
3
3

Better search engines than google, yahoo?
Any of you folks use one you like better than google and yahoo? For basic info besides movies, videos, computer/phones, games, etc...
5
5

Home Depot 5-Gallon Buckets: Standards?
After buying a few after-market bucket covers, it's dawned on me that Home Depot's 5-gallon buckets (the orange ones with their logo...) measure something like 1/8" wider at the rim than do Lowes' and...
7
7

killing red wasps in texas how to?
We have tin roofs and wasps have Built nest in the eves of the house. 12 feet up. We use foam wasp spray, Works great coming out of nest. How Do we kill the nests?
6
6

Too good to be true
I need to replace my busted electric lawn mower. A guy on Craig's list is selling one, Black & Decker, with bag, that he says he used only one summer, 19", paid 300 for, and wants 50 for. Too good to...
11
11

ELECTRICAL LIQUID TAPE
I am looking for feedback on users of liquid electrical tape. How durable is it compared to electrical tape ? Does the can dry up after a few uses. I had that experience with Plasti Dip. Thanks.
7
7

where to put vapor barrier and electrical in foamboard-insulated basement walls?
I'm beginning to plan to finish a basement. Currently I have bare concrete block walls, which I obviously want to insulate and finish with wallboard, probably greenboard (though some will recommend a...
11
11

OT - Highway Worker Safety: Not In This Case
They are working on the support structures for a couple of roads that go over a highway near my house. Under normal circumstances, one support structure uses a metal guard rail to prevent vehicles in...
2
2

Infrared grills
Seem to be about $150 or so more than non, at least at CharBroil. Worth it or hype?
30
30

Anderson window fit
I just have anderson 400 series double hung and casements installed. When i close the latch on the casements i noticed the top of the window pushes out and then pops back in. To me it doesnt look like...
6
6

Toilet pipe too high out of concrete floor!
Hey, I have a 90 degree pipe for a toilet flange sticking out of the concre te about 1 1/2 inches. So I bought a PVC, cast iron replacement flange. the one with the compressi on ring around it. I then...
5
5

window unit is making funny noise
I have an lg r410a window unit thats about 3 yrs old. When I came home it was making a rumbling noise but it was running like it was on but the lights and power light was off.I could really use some...
1
1