Subject Author Posted Replies

A new toilet seat woe!
Daughter gave her dad the new toilet seat yesterday. We haven't installed it yet. I just went to use my toilet and noticed that something looked very wrong. Turns out that the lid is attached by two...
40
40

Anyone ever heard of "Rhino Shield" ? (Never paint your house again)
I hear their commercials often on WJR (AM 760 - the Great Voice of the Great Lakes). They claim it's not paint, while others claim that it's an elastomeric paint containing "3M Ceramic Microspheres"....
3
3

Know your plastic roofing cements
I just spent the last week learning about the plastic roofing cements that Bakor Company makes, and I thought I'd share the knowledge. I'll use Bakor's prices (approximately) and part numbers, but...

Adding Room over Garage
Brain storm #837... adding a room over the garage without having to disturb original house? Extended the roof to avoid any valleys for leakage and add a little storage. Left original roof in place to...
10
10

OT: It was a surprise after all.
Hi, We had our 2 yo dog's DNA analyzed and the result was kinda surprising. We thought it was some Husky, shepherd, lab. mix mutt rescued from nearby native reserve when he was new born puppy. B4 we...
17
17

Home for old radios/televisions
My local historical society was happy to get a woroking 1952 Admiral tv to use in one of their re-created living rooms.
14
14

GE PermaTuf dishwasher (serial # GSD120OT-01) detergent cup stuck closed
Our General Electric PermaTuf dishwasher (serial # GSD120OT-01) detergent cup is stuck closed. Anyone know of an easy fix for this? Or a work around? Thanks!
3
3

Happy Father's Day - My Daughter's Perspective
It appears that my (adult) daughter has inherited my twisted sense of logic. According to her, she and her siblings are the reason that we are celebrating Father's Day. Therefore, I should be giving...
5
5

Roof Shingles On Highway - Covered By Warranty?
I was driving along a highway yesterday and saw about a half dozen shingles lying in the left lane. They appeared to be firmly sealed to the asphalt. If these shingles don't last 20 - 25 years, do you...
4
4

attic ventilation: almost no eaves
Just bought a house in New England. The home inspector said the attic ventilation was inadequate. First, the ridge vent wasn't big enough. Second, he said there were no soffit vents. Just eyeballing...
22
22

Is it true that Fathers Day is not really celebrated by African Americans?
I was reading something the other day that seemed to indicate that Fathers Day is not really celebrated in the African American community. Any thoughts or comments on that?
12
12

Water in refrigerator
A pool of clear water collects under the crisper trays in refrigerator compartment of my Maytag Top-Freezer Refrigerator. (Depending on the time of day, the pool of water may have a thin layer of...
12
12

Doublewide homes
So we are slowly rebuilding the outer walls because the siding is flaking away. (Ants, cockroaches, crickets found the glue tasty.) This problem has resulted in water damage to the 2x4s that make the...
12
12

Canaduh should ban hammers!
Windsor hammer attack: police charge suspect with attempted murder Child in serious condition with skull fractures in London hospital Police charge a 28-year-old man with attempted murder after a...
2
2

Connecting free-standing shed to house
I'm looking at building a 150 square foot workshop / storage building in the backyard. It won't need power or plumbing for what I'm doing and as long as it's at least 5-ft from the house or property...
13
13