Subject Author Posted Replies

Frigidaire Refrigerator FSC23F7DSB3
Oren, Wife found the control setting flashing. Lights out. Lights were off. Power is on as I can get the lights back on and hear what seems like a normal running unit. I can't get the control off/on...
14
14

While-You're-at-It Projects
from "The Complete Book Of Pitfalls" The man deeply involved in Home Improvement frequently finds himself working all day on a certain job but never actually starting it. Wives don't see how that's...
4
4

airlines
Recently describing my encounters with airlines over the years brought back fond memories of British Caledonian. I just had to see if those old ads were on You Tube. Sure enough many of them are...

OT The advantages of home repair
Two years ago I had my knees replaced so had not been able to do much maintenance on my old house. Knees now in good shape I decided to bring all the wiring up to code and add a few more circuits. To...
29
29

OT - please respect "road closed" signs
TinyURL was created! The following URL: .159897297501.144684.59524127501/1015265 2252537502/?type=1 has a length of 98 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26...
4
4

GFCFI and AFCI weirdness
I have both in my house (5yo) 1st Weirdness: We have a 2 room bathroom; one has a shower, sink and toilet, plus the GFCI. The other room has only a vanity and mirror; its outlet is daisy chained off...
6
6

Plastic thingys
I have serveral metal T V trays with broken plastic things. They are the ones that snap onto the tubular metal frame/legs. I would like to replace them. What are they called and where can I get them?
2
2

Flue reducer
I need to replace the flange for my furnace flue. The old oil furnace had a 6" flue and my replacement gas furnace has a 4" flue. The reducing flange at the chimney is rusted out and when I went to...
6
6

What is wrong with this paragraph? Or is there?
What is wrong with this paragraph? Or is there? Q. What is the most common cause of sump pump failure? A. Probably the most common cause of sump pump failure is electrical in nature. Plugging the pump...
9
9

Checked my sump pump, what did I see?
Checked my sump pump, what did I see? For the first time in a year or two, I checked the sump. Lived here 31 years, previous owner, 4 years, never before saw anything in the bottom, except pebbles....
2
2

Dyna Glow 20,000 BTU propane heater
I recently picked up a Dyna Glow 20,000 BTU wall heater. I would like to in stall it at a hunting cabin (400 sq feet). The question I have is if I hoo k it up to a 20 lb portable propane tank (outside...
9
9

DW incomplete drain
Wasn't this just addressed? Can't find. My DW has recently started leaving pool of icky water. ran hand around but did not find physical obstacles. Pool is still confined to within mesh "drain basket"...
27
27

Generator Cord Sizing 100' Run: Stay With 10-Gauge?
Been using a 10-gauge cord to connect my little 2kw gennie in the garden shed to the transfer switch in the garage. No problems in maybe 20 hours total usage and the numbers look right per which says...
25
25

Brass Bathroom Fixtures
I own a 100+ year old house, where I am now updating a bathroom.. I have several, solid brass fixtures, that I have significantly improved the appearance via hard scrubbing with Brasso etc. I am...
4
4

Phosphate remover (pool owners)
I'm finally down to my last dose of Oneida PR-10000. I looked online and it's predictably more $$. I remember some guy was saying he was looking for a cheaper phosphate remover. Any luck? 10k...