Subject Author Posted Replies

LED trim: friction blades vs. torsion springs
Hi, I just purchased 2dozen new construction recessed light cans (Progress P87-LED 6 In. LED New Construction Recessed Housing). I didn't notice that they have NO clips on which to attach the torsion...
1
1

Interesting artice on energy conservation
4
4

OT - knee replacement surgery
I am scheduled to have my left knee replaced in December of 2014. I have been told two things: A.) That I will be able to kneel on the artificial knee after the surgery, but it will feel awful to do...
32
32

Any easy/cheap way to determine where restriction in water service may be?
Hi all, Friend's house, complaint is that it is literally impossible to use more th an one appliance or faucet at any time due to low water pressure. Asked me if I had any ideas, I said I'd look at...
10
10

What will stick to this?
A couple years ago I use VGB, or something like Very Great Bond to stick glass to cloth and it worked very well, but I just tried using it to stick neoprene to hairy cardboard, and it wouldn't stick...
1
1

What sticks to neoprene and Lexan. Cutting Lexan without a workbench.
What's a good thing that comes in a tube that fits in a caulking gun (caulk maybe but not necessarily) that will stick to rubber or neoprene and Lexan (polycarbonate)? That is black, tan, or clear?...
3
3

How to finish off this space
Hi, I left some space under my kitchen sill: It's the space with the onion. Now, I'm brainstorming about a way to finish it off. I'd like not to lose the space. Any suggestions? Perhaps there are...
5
5

hd roof top installation
I'm considering ditching cable TV and going streaming and broadcast. I assume I can run the antenna feed to the same place where the cable connects into the attic. This will be good enough for all the...
16
16

Trimming wood vs. metal exterior doors
I need to replace an exterior front door -- just the door slab, and not the frame. The actual size of the existing door itself (not the opening, which is a little larger) is 31 5/8 inches X 78 3/4...
18
18

Electric fan motor re-re-re-repair
I've got a table top oscillating fan that's been in the family for maybe twenty years. Used it yesterday to blow dry a room that took a bit of rain. Ran a few hours and warmed up, the fan stopped. If...
15
15

The travails of shopping
The travails of shopping, even online. First, Do you know one reason I'll bet they don't sell fence post caps for round posts? They are all different diameters, like the trees they came from. In 30...
1
1

Frigidaire Refrigerator FSC23F7DSB3
Oren, Wife found the control setting flashing. Lights out. Lights were off. Power is on as I can get the lights back on and hear what seems like a normal running unit. I can't get the control off/on...
14
14

While-You're-at-It Projects
from "The Complete Book Of Pitfalls" The man deeply involved in Home Improvement frequently finds himself working all day on a certain job but never actually starting it. Wives don't see how that's...
4
4

airlines
Recently describing my encounters with airlines over the years brought back fond memories of British Caledonian. I just had to see if those old ads were on You Tube. Sure enough many of them are...

OT The advantages of home repair
Two years ago I had my knees replaced so had not been able to do much maintenance on my old house. Knees now in good shape I decided to bring all the wiring up to code and add a few more circuits. To...
29
29