Subject Author Posted Replies

Raccoon
Big SOB has been terrorizing household intermittently for ages. Comes in through cat door; scarfs up cat food; messes his water dish. We blocked up cat door; cat has to use window giving on dark yard;...
66
66

under mounted kitchen sink Sealer ?
what should normally/usually be used to seal this counter-top & sink ? [it appears the previous owner may have done a hasty job] thanks marc http://i.imgur.com/uY4FLHb.jpg...
4
4

inline backdraft damper for kitchen exhaust?
Thermador recommends an additional inline backdraft damper for cold weather installations. From page 4 of their installation manual: COLD WEATHER installations should have an additional backdraft...
9
9

Bathtub Faucet Replacement.......How?
The handle that diverts water from my shower faucet to the shower broke off in my hand today. I purchased a replacement piece but I'm not sure if I am reading the instructions correctly because I...
9
9

What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 micro SDHC memory cards
I want to buy a 32GB memory card for my new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I see "Type 1 class 10" and "Type 2 class 10". Googling, I see they use the word "type" for card types such as compact flash and...
27
27

Flashlight module for home repair
I returned the failed Teralux extreme 5 EX module, the one that over heated. Bought another one. Put the module into a mini mag, and put in Ni MH cells. Left it turned on, for half an hour. Still...
13
13

LED bulbs
I've finally reached the end of my incandescent bulbs and CFL and am starting to replace them with LED bulbs. I saw a 60W equivalent bulb on sale for $5 made by Cree as part of some deal with the...
32
32

EXPERTS or HANDYMEN!!! Removing paint
A red car enters a garage, and scratches against an interior concrete wall as it pulls in. The car leaves some of its paint on the wall. How does a beginner remove the paint? Is it possible to do so...
7
7

Redneck Lantern
Hi All, Since my wife saw this, we have used it in several power outages. Just shine a flashlight at a clear jug of water. Presto! A lantern: -T...
17
17

reokacenebt runm tire nomenclature.
Must have been. I just noticed that when I read what I wrote earlier today. It's amazing how many rim designs there are, a lot of them ugly, at least on the monitor. When I put OEM in my google...
6
6

Painting an exterior cement block wall
I have a wartime house and at some point the cement foundation blocks that are above ground were painted. I have owned the house for 16 years, so it was at least 17 years ago, but probably more like...
8
8

NATO Cans: Diff?
Besides color (red vs green) and inclusion of a spout (included vs not), can anybody see a diff between these two jerry cans? ' I have one of each and, for the life of me, cannot see any other...
4
4

Leaking refrigerator
My refrigerator, a Jennair french door style, seemed to be running almost constantly, although the freezer and refrigerator is keeping its cool. When I pulled it out to connect a KW meter, and then...
7
7

Tripped oven breaker
Take a good look at the oven heating element. Use your fingers to feel, too. You are looking for any sign of a crack or break or depression. When oven heating elements "go", they go...
10
10

need to bend a 1/4" threaded steel rod to a precise radius.... suggestions?
I have a project I'm working on that requires I use a 1/4" threaded steel rod, bent to a precise radius. I've tried doing this by hand, but there the bend is not uniform along the entire length with...
8
8