Subject Author Posted Replies

Solar panel question
I've often given telemarketers a fake name. Today, that person, Vladimir, got a call from a company that sells solar panels. They wanted to come out and give a quote. They had an address, said the sun...
2
2

Ping micky...That Block Of Concrete
Try this... (Video link is safe)
12
12

Sudsy drain
Yesterday, we had a downpour after 5 days of a heat wave. My single family home has 3 sewer drains around the basement area, only one is the exterior near my basement door. As I was watching the...
3
3

Home warranty companies pro and con.
If you come across a few major appliances problems than it may be worth to take out a plan. But lets say I have a plan for 22 dollars a month for a 3 year plan, and i only have that one problem in the...
3
3

Where to buy TFE slides for metal storage shed’s doors.
Where to buy the TFE/plastic slide/hanger for metal doors on my old metal storage shed.

Can I get toaster oven totally wet?
I have a Hamilton Beach 6 slice 1400 watt convection toaster oven. I want to clean the heck out if it. To do so I will be using barkeepers stainless cleaner, a scrub pad and water. How wet can I get...
1
1

OT Kids
Most of us here are parents or grandparents. A lot of truth here
16
16

Kool deck resurface
OurKool deck surface has many "bald" spots with concrete showing through. We can't afford to have it professionally redone. Is there any "paint on" or spray on that will help me cover those spots to...

OT: Amazon Debits Card Before They Ship
I made one of my infrequent purchases from Amazon last week and not being a Prime member, free delivery was scheduled for a week out. Fine, it's not like I needed the four items in any kind of a...
3
3

Clothes Dryer
Are gas clothes dryers permitted or only electric? Thank you.
8
8

OT. Ford Focus EV Battery Issue
Early adopters run into problems usually not faced by those who tag along. <> A battery for this car isn't available. A Florida family ran into a major problem after buying an electric vehicle, the...
1
1

Any zero VOC appliance paint?
Hi All, Anyone know of a zero VOC appliance (Washing machine) paint? Many thanks, -T
2
2

Soap dish removal
I want to replace a metal soap dish that is recessed because is rusty, note - there’s no screws holding it. I don’t want to brake the tile by pulling it out, any suggestions?
3
3

Pool chlorine & pH test kit
Does anyone sell a single-reagent pool chlorine/pH test kit? My Home Depot HDX test kit uses the following reagents: Clorine = 5 drops reagent HDX-1 pH = 1 drop reagent HDX-4 & 5 drops reagent HDX-2...
10
10

And yet they target drag shows...
Thank goodness this photo wasn't taken at a drag show. I’d hate for these children to be exposed to an inappropriate environment and groomed into a radical belief system.
1
1