Subject Author Posted Replies

new roof?? (pretty long)
I only have a couple thoughts for you. 1. You might hire an ex-roofer as your consultant to make sure the roofer you hire does the job right. Your consultant will have no interest in allowing the...
5
5

Burned out timer contact on Whirlpool dryer.
I've already ordered a new timer but, is there away to repair this timer? I still have the tiny circular copper contact disk. How would someone adhere it back on if they had to? Bonus expert question:...
21
21

Rusting air handler coils
Hello AHR folks, it's been a while since I've asked you helpful folks for help. I have a heat pump with an indoor air handler, purchased in 2002. I found water standing on my basement floor and after...
46
46

Finding main line cleanout plug
I can't access internet right now, so I posted a sketch at Will probably get yelled at by the Androids. The sketch shows all the drains in the house. There is no main clean out plug visible on the...
8
8

Bench Grinder Question
just received and assembled a bench grinder purchased from amazon. I wanted a bench grinder for occasional use....when I fired this thing up noticed the right wheel has a little wobble.....I would say...
3
3

Sharp Microwave does not work
Hi, I have a couple-year-old Sharp Carousel R1480 microwave. The electric control panel works well. But I have push the door up every time to make the microwave working. Any one knows the possible...
6
6

Battery disposal
I have a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone. At least that's what they call it; I call it a dumbphone as from purchase it has had problems. When you first turn it on, it is supposed to set your home...
17
17

Stone Work
Here's a link to pictures of the stone work behind our wood stove which is visible in the lower left corner of one pic . Finished the wall last night , I just need to scrub the mortar haze off the...
7
7

Target, home depot card security:(
I have now had 5 cards wiped out because stores dont bother keeping their systems secure:( I think congress should pass some consumer protection laws, to penalize merchants who have data breaches:(...
52
52

Which of these is the hydrostatic test date of my 5# soda CO2 tank?
Which of the myriad numbers on my tank is the hydro date? I have this 5 pound carbon dioxide tank for making soda: I bought the original from Praxair, who replaced my brand new C02 tank with a cruddy...
12
12

Replacement closet flange
I'm trying choose between the 4" Sioux Chief with the three red rubber seals for $22.99 and the Sioux Chief 3" x 4" just above it and to the right for $2.99, that fits into the drain pipe very snugly,...
15
15

Wave home solutions
I have one and absolutely swear by them! It's simple, no water to dump.. It has completely killed all mold and I have never had another mold issue!
1
1

tight lug nuts
I bought tires a couple of months ago. Yesterday I tried to remove a wheel to check the bearing. The nuts wouldn't budge. They're supposed to be torqued to about 65 foot-pounds. After letting...
105
105

Cheap electric pressure washer at HF?
Got a coupon sheet from Harbor Freight in last weekend's newspaper and noticed that one of them was for $50 off this cheap Pacific Hydrostar electric pressure washer (the $50 is off the retail price,...
14
14

what's this type of pump called?
A low volume/low pressure pump that would be attached to a water tank and feeding a handwashing faucet. When the valve is closed the pump detects the blockage (the higher pressure) and shuts down....
7
7