Subject Author Posted Replies

House Blow Up
An explosion killed at least three. Lots of pictures. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives is investigating. <> Three people were killed and a total of 39 houses were damaged...
14
14

OT Lemon pickers
LEMON PICKERS NEEDED IN FLORIDA - ONLY US CITIZENS OR LEGAL IMMIGRANTS NEED APPLY "Lemon Pickers Needed”, read the ad in the newspaper. Ms. Sally Mulligan of Coral Springs, Florida, saw it, and...
7
7

w TV
Just got a new smart TV that has 3 HDMI input jacks. HDMI 2 is marked ARC for Audio Return Channel. When I connect the TV to my good quality home theater receiver whose main HDMI output jack is marked...
7
7

water softner
TDS is increased in my softener unit from 500 to 1200 PPM what will be the reason t of increase in my softener?

On Topic: How do I remove iron stains from a toilet?
Hi All, Anyone have a non-toxic way to remove iron stains from a toilet bowl? I have heard of plumbers tape, but am afraid I'd ruin the toilet. Many thanks, -T
6
6

1930s Delta Rockwell home raft drillpress
Fully operational Very heavy Looking to sell Serial number A12122 1932 I'm guessing Seattle WA area

Why is the plug polarized when NO metal parts show?
Why do some things come with polarized plugs when NO metal parts show? Specifically, the powersupply brick for my Acer laptop (although it was bought later and did not come with the laptop). It has...
15
15

Do the ants have any weakness when they invade your kitchen?
Generally ants find the trash, or something that the kids left on the floor, but I am trying to find the weakness of the ants using boric acid. When they find the crumbs in the trash or left by the...
1
1

Help identify exterior wall board
I removed some old brick work, and the mason slipped and damaged the exterior sheathing. I want to fix it, but not sure what the best way to replace it is. The current material looks like 1inch thick...
8
8

A question even more about Florida
A question even more about Florida Where my brother lives there is a long winding lake, and I think such lakes are common all over south florida. Man-made? For appearance, I suppose. So why are there...
3
3

New desiign in toilets?
I'm visiting my brother In Florida, in case that makes a difference. His new place is not really that new, 10 years at least, I think. But the toilet works differently from all other toilets. My...
5
5

OT. EVs and Hurricanes
The author wouldn't want to be surrounded by EVs in a natural disaster. <> We have a blizzard here in Nebraska now and then but I don't think it's nearly as dangerous.
12
12

Common button batteries stocking & sourcing
I'm starting to get tired of button batteries in that some home items use LR41, others LR44, still others are LR1130 etc. Is there a "kit" like they do with o-rings and screws and nuts and bolts that...
3
3

OT checkilng luggage atht the plane's door
OT It seems there are 3 ways people check suitcases too big for the airplane's overhead or under seat. At the entrance to the airport, if the airline has that. At the ticket counter. Or at the gate,...
9
9

Lakewood Kool Operator 20 inch fan thermal fuse
Lakewood Kool Operator 20 inch fan will not run even though motor turns freely. Possibly thermal fuse is blown. Is it possible to replace the fuse? If so, how? The fan was manufactured in August 1995.
1
1