Subject Author Posted Replies

Fluorescent shop lights?
Any recommendations for ordinary 48" overhead shop lights? I've had bad luck with the cheap ones. Thanks.
27
27

OT but not "off group"
Why Old Men Don't Get Hired At Job interview: Human Resources Manager: "What is your greatest weakness?" Old man: "Honesty." Human Resources Manager: "I don't think honesty is a weakness." Old Man: "I...
4
4

Daylight savings time ends Sunday Nov 2
Here in the States, Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday November 2, 2014
31
31

Do LED bulbs get along with lighted switches?
Hi All, Anyone know if those new LED bulbs get along with Neon bulb lighted light switches? Do the LED's twinkle dimly like stars. (My Christmas LED lights twinkle dimly -- kind of like it. Doesn't...
16
16

HF drill driver question
Yesterday, I had a failure of freshly charged battery for my 18 volt cordless impact driver: Drill was purchased in January, and is out of 90 day warranty. My choices seem to be either to buy another...
2
2

Suggestions for Jack O' Lantern lights
Every year we have a pumpkin-carving party with the grandkids. We do both real and artificial pumpkins. Every year I struggle to find the right lights to put inside. We don't like to use candles...
12
12

What every boy should know before he has his first date with a girl
What every boy should know before he has his first date with a girl Wrench - Wikipedia
18
18

Ping Danny D.: possible rain
Hi Danny, Snow is forecast for us (Reno area) on Saturday and Saturday night. If there is enough power to overcome our Rain Shadow Effect, you should get drenched! Here is to getting wet! -T
1
1

Garage door opener malfunction
My garage door has been working fine up until last week. It will not work (for the most part) when I am outside. If I am inside it works fine. Som etimes it will work if I am standing right outside...

need water tank telemetry
Hi All, Have a farmer for a customer with a large water tank for watering his fields. He would like some telemetry as to its state: full, half full, etc.. (Currently he uses the "There She Blows!"...
28
28

wall framing?
Hi, Something I've been confused about. I think this should be a simple answer, but I've not found it yet. This is the way I understand construction. Not my field, so I'm sure I'm wrong. In stick...
1
1

Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time
Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time. Finally driving my car again after it was laid up for 2 months. I don't think it was like this 3 months ago. When I first press the brake...
31
31

40W LED bulbs 2 for $7 at Staples
Bought a couple of "Brighton Professional" LED bulbs A19 shape/E26 base from Staples yesterday and so far, so good. Color temp appears pretty close to a normal incandescent (box sames "warm white")...
59
59

Cannot find this BASIC INFO anywhere on internet!
I google "hand truck proper tire pressure", and get a thousand hits with out a single figure in PSI. ?!
60
60

Shower drain leaking badly
Shower drain out of nowhere started leaking around the drain. Popped off the grate and puzzled at what I am seeing. Must confess I really never paid attention when I cleaned this thing out a few...
2
2