Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas Hot Water Heater Pilot
I live on the Connecticut shoreline, where we often have significant winds (and hurricanes). We have a gas hot water heater. When the winds come, the gusts are often strong enough to "blow" that pilot...
4
4

Buffalo, NY storm
November 18, 2014 76 inches snow, in 24 hours, with as much as 25 inches more snow expected in the next 24 hours. Mostly south of Buffalo, in the snow belt. Thruway shut down from PA line to...
11
11

Roofing a new shed- 1/2 inch more roof than shingles, what to do?
I built a shed in the back yard, but upon beginning to roof it I find that the roof is 1/2 inch wider than three shingles laid end to end. What do I do with this? Cut a 1/2 inch piece and insert it...
9
9

Chromex CH308 expresso machine appears blocked?
Can anyone assist with this conventional looking espresso machine please? I cant find any reference to this Italian company for a service manual. Th ere may be a forum (SAV?) but it is in French. When...
3
3

three breakers share one neutral and one grouding wires
I ask an electrician to install several outlets on three breakers. I found that the electrician uses only five wires in the trunking. Apparently, there is one grounding, one neutral and three hot...
72
72

Gas grill won't light
I did some work on my gas grill. (Like replacing a know and the electronic lighter.) But it will not light. The L.P. is full and the piezo lighter is working. I tried to also light it with a lighter....
5
5

OT: Car remote starter
Hi, Need new set of remote for my car. Have to decide spread spectrum frequency type or FM type. Existing one is AM superhet on 433MHz and just about had it. My remote is Compustar brand. Any...

Sliding glass window, Nami certification
The rubber lining of the doule glass with the frame starts to come off, do we need a new glass panel or do we need a new window

HOW TO FIX OR REPAIR CHRISTMAS LIGHT IN 2 MINUTES WITHOUT NO TOOLS
HOW TO FIX OR REPAIR CHRISTMAS LIGHT IN 2 MINUTES WITHOUT NO TOOLS: 1- CHECK IF THERE IS A BULB MISSING 2- IF YOU DON'T HAVE A REPLACEMENT BULB, IT'S OKAY. 3-TAKE A PIECE OF AN ALUMINIUM PAPER AND...
8
8

replacing facsia on a manufactured hom
I need to replace the fascia on my manufactured home. The original is less than 1 inch thick. What is the best wood to use?
2
2

moving electrical switch
I took out a 9 foot patio door and am installing a 6 foot French door. I need to move my light switch closer to the now narrower door. Last year I ran a new circuit to my bathroom. The only thing on...
17
17

Gap in sidewalk
I have a gap in the side walk in front of my condo and I want to know the best way to fix it. you can see where the previous owner had used some type of calking material, but now the gap has opened up...
36
36

Dish washer and garbage disposal
A friend is remodeling and wanted me to wire-in a garbage disposal and dish washer. May I assume both should be on a GFC breaker?
46
46

A good barter
I went over to a friend's house to rewire her thermostat due to the wire being shorted within the wall. It was snagged on something so I could not fish a new wire through. I had to drill a hole in the...
15
15

1979 Carrier oil furnace,
A few miscellaneious questions, if you can help me. The first are more important. At the end, it's just curiosity. If you answer any of them, it will help. If it matters, I live in Baltimore. How do I...
42
42