Subject Author Posted Replies

Dog Urine in Carpet. Anyone used Fizzion powder to spray on the carpet?
I need to clean a carpet that has new and old dog urine. I've used the standard home hot-water type cleaning machine that apply, brush, and vacuum up the water/soap solution, but the odor remains....
2
2

Sellin' On Craigslist...
I had a couple of new-with-tags Levis that I had bought back when I was a lot heavier and which no longer fit. I hadn't saved the cash sale receipt so the store wouldn't take them back. I figured I'd...
18
18

OT. Ford Punished
A jury awarded siblings a bunch of money in an accident that happened to their parents back in 2014. <> Melvin and Voncile Hill died in 2014 when one of their tires blew out. The couple were farmers...
5
5

Basic toolkit for college boy going off to live in a dorm
Any suggestion on a basic toolkit for a typical non-mechanical liberal arts college boy going off to live in the dorms for four years away from home? I'd like to order one item (case + tools together...
65
65

OT. Employee Tracking
The New York Times has an article behind a paywall about employee tracking. I heard about it while listening to an A&G podcast. <> A CBS interview of the author. <> There is tracking of even hospice...
20
20

OT. Over the Counter Hearing Aids
Are supposed to be available this fall with official blessing. No prescription needed. <> WASHINGTON (AP) — Millions of Americans will be able to buy hearing aids without a prescription later this...
23
23

Electric Supply
Here are a couple commentaries talking about how tough it is for companies to get permits to supply electricity to our houses. <><> Over the weekend, Senate Democrats passed their budget...

avoiding soapy or odd sugar taste with 2 lb paper store pack?
Ever since the pandemic and my dwindling funds as a result, I began buying sugar in the standard 2 lb paper packages. Before, when funds weren't an issue, I'd buy Dominos which comes sealed in a...
8
8

clean Keurig water filter screen without disassembly?
I have had this Keurig for about ten years. I can't tell you how many times I've had to bring it back to life after the cleaning procedure they recommend, so its amazing it still works, but that's a...
6
6

Smooth silo demo
Short clip of a silo coming down smoothly "Couldn’t have asked for more perfect of a fall than that," writes a viewer of the engineering feat. "Couldn’t have asked for more perfect of a fall...

prescriptions, was: OT Avoiding Lyme disease
1
1

Manhattan Apartment Rent $5,000/month
The people there live in a different world. <> According to a report, a one-bedroom reached a record average of $5,058 in June, and it went up even more in July. According to a report, a one-bedroom...
1
1

Richter or Merkel ?
In the film San Andreas, do we use the Richter scale or the Merkel scale to measure earthquakes? We should remember this information, after all, Americans don't make films for nothing, films are also...
2
2

AC control questions
The furnace/AC system at our house in Memphis is going flaky . It has burned out the primary winding on 3 24V transformers ... The control board has been replaced , it doesn't blow the transformer...
12
12

3 wire vs 4 wire for stove
A neighbor who asks my DIY advice but never takes it is getting a new stove. The old one is hardwired, she might have an electrician put in an outlet instead. I told her he'd insist on using a 4 wire...
17
17