Subject Author Posted Replies

OT What is this in the electric pole?
OT What is this in the electric pole? Taking a walk and sat down by a wood electric pole, not carrying any electricity, just put on one side of the street to balance the tension from the other...
8
8

Stock up on Fuses BEFORE the Holiday
If your house still has Fuses, Stock up on Fuses BEFORE the Holiday! I'm posting this because I have a vivid memory of going to visit my uncle, when I was around 10 years old. A fuse blew in his...
14
14

Does anyone still use that PAPER sheetrock tape?
Does anyone still use that PAPER sheetrock tape? After reading the thread on here about the peeling tape, I was wondering if it was the paper stuff? I used that junk years ago, and always had problems...
10
10

If an expansion tank has stinky water in the air side, can't it pollute the good
If water under pressure got through the bladder to the air side of the expansion tank, couldn't it get back through and pollute your house water supply?
4
4

Is this leak
Am currently in getting my bathroom repaired for leaks due to grouting issues. We have removed and installed sidings, tyvek, insulation and wonderboard. We finished wonderboard installation a few days...
7
7

Electric wireing
We have a lamp that suddenly stopped working. I figured a short somewhere c ause the bulb would go on an off on its own. The same thing would happen wh en i tried other bulbs. I wanted to get rid of...
11
11

Peeling sheet rock tape
Looking for suggestions for sticking the tape flat back against the wall. The corner is a radius corner, not the normal sharp corner. Here's the photo: Thanks, R1
9
9

Setting up Dual Boot XP and 2000
Hi folks, I have a machine with 2000 and need to install XP as a 2nd indept OS. When I power up, I need it to boot to a menu where I can select one or the other. I know there are ways to simulate 2000...
34
34

Does anyone make a STURDY Tire Wrench
I got a flat the other day and I carry a 4way wrench in my vehicle. Although I greased all my lugnuts during the summer, for some reason it seems that as soon as it gets cold outdoors, the damn...
157
157

concrete cleaning
We at Target Traffiti do Concrete Cleaning, and we have all kind of Graffiti Removal Products, and we are leading Paint Removal Service Providers in Toronto. More Info: Our Products: paint removal,...
6
6

How two lights appeared in the Xmas eve sky.
Some of you here may have read a past article by me where I told about changing the bulbs in a floodlight 25 feet off the ground. Originally about 25 years ago, the dreaded HOA wanted to put a light,...
7
7

(OT) A Savior is Hatched in a Manger
The year was 0000 BC (or was it AD..... no one really knew). The shepherds were having a terrible time trying to understand their Hallmark calendars, and the date on their Ipods. Because of this...
1
1

OT: Merry Christmas!
Dear Friends, This is wishing you a Blessed and Merry Christmas! For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called...
9
9

Space heater problem
I've got a several-year-old Holmes floor model space heater (no model number on it) that shuts off the heat, though set to maximum, while the area is still too cold. It worked fine last winter. I...
13
13

Flourescent flicker?
My two-tube flourescent fixture in my office has started flickering. Mild so far - every 10 - 15 minutes. Keeps making me think it's a power failure though. Bulbs still look ok. Anything I can do? TIA
20
20