Subject Author Posted Replies

How two lights appeared in the Xmas eve sky.
Some of you here may have read a past article by me where I told about changing the bulbs in a floodlight 25 feet off the ground. Originally about 25 years ago, the dreaded HOA wanted to put a light,...
7
7

(OT) A Savior is Hatched in a Manger
The year was 0000 BC (or was it AD..... no one really knew). The shepherds were having a terrible time trying to understand their Hallmark calendars, and the date on their Ipods. Because of this...
1
1

OT: Merry Christmas!
Dear Friends, This is wishing you a Blessed and Merry Christmas! For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called...
9
9

Space heater problem
I've got a several-year-old Holmes floor model space heater (no model number on it) that shuts off the heat, though set to maximum, while the area is still too cold. It worked fine last winter. I...
13
13

Flourescent flicker?
My two-tube flourescent fixture in my office has started flickering. Mild so far - every 10 - 15 minutes. Keeps making me think it's a power failure though. Bulbs still look ok. Anything I can do? TIA
20
20

Oil furnace won't stay running...
My oil heater starts but dont stay on & my green light keeps flashing. It's set to reach a certain temperature & once it below that temperature the heater is suppose to reach that set temperature but...
33
33

computer desk
not sure if this is the right group to ask about this. I've been looking at some modular desk. wood finish would be cherry. I'm not sure how this one will be set up. Looking at a J or C configuration...
15
15

(OT) Washing an artificial xmas tree ???
We have a small 3 foot artificial tree with built in fiber optic needles. I guess we should have put it in a box or bag. It's been in the attic for several years, and its really dusty/dirty. The light...
4
4

How to remove stripped screw? I've tried everything!
I have an old flush mount outdoor light. The bulb went out but i can not un screw the two screws to open the light. On further inspection, i noticed th at the screws are driven so tight that the area...
7
7

Gas propane fire place. Not working
New tank, pulled everything apart all pipes are patent, good air flow . Pilot light nor burners won't light . At a loss of why it won't work?? V
5
5

Circuit breaker: did I damage it?
I was trying to replace two three-way switches last night and while testing for voltage the circuit breaker tripped. Instead of just flipping it back and letting it trip immediately if it wanted to, I...
9
9

Roadside assistance insurance
I've heard from several sources that auto insurance companies tend to increase their charges if claims are made. As I see it, the most likely claim would be a flat tire change if the policy covered...
24
24

OT? any experience with TV headphones?
Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones: wireless can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows sturdy
6
6

SOLVED: Water pipe in basement vibrating when first floor toilet flushed.
SOLVED: I had a cold water pipe vibrating in the basement as a result of flushing the toilet on the first floor. The pipes in the basement were vibrating and making a loud humming sound that could be...
12
12

Much better than a security system