Subject Author Posted Replies

Calendar Hanging Tip
I cant be the only person who has spent years fighting with wall calendars. The holes in them are often so close to the edge that as soon as you hang them on a nail in the wall, the paper rips right...
10
10

outside motion detection lights
I have one motion detection on the side of my house, and one of the bulbs is out. Would that make isthe other one stay on all the time? If not what could possibly be the problem
16
16

(OT) WARNING: Cheap Melemine Ashtrays from China
I'm a smoker and have used the standard 6" cheap ashtrays made from Melamine. with the cig holder in the center, for years. They have always held up well. I just bought another one at Dollar General...
25
25

Need help understanding very old natural gas furnace
Hello all, In my struggle to find somewhere affordable and convenient to live, I decid ed to forego some 'luxuries' like central heat/air, after all the weather i s pretty mild where I live. We've hit...
38
38

GFCI breaker
I have two GFCI circuits. One of them stopped working so I checked the breaker box. The breaker was not tripped so I turned it off, then on. Circuit still did not work and the breaker test button does...
8
8

9v battery burns down house
I never would have thought it possible. OTOH: The battery was obviously no where near dead
20
20

Identify Furnace Air Filter Please
I have an furnace electrostatic air filter. It is just a filter about one inch thick and replaces the standard old fashioned air filter. It was cut to size and the frame was trimmed and screwed...
3
3

Washing Machine Water Level
We just had to replace our washing machine. The old one had four levels; sm all, medium, large, and super. The new one only has three; small, large, an d super. The small on the new machine is really...
42
42

anyone know of... a direct vent _multistage_ nat. gas heater?
I've asked some local professionals and they looked through their catalogs but didn't find any. I installed one back in.. 1975... so I'd hope there are still some around. Use would be in... the...
4
4

Water Softeners
I should have put water softeners and counter tops. My water softener was bought in 2006. By the time I had problems with it - there was a power out age and the timer got messed up - and I just...
10
10

All-In-One paint/wood trim
I am about to paint- I have Behr all-in-one paint. It is colored- the walls are white. However, there are quite a few patches of Easy Sand 20, sanded, and ready to go. I know the paint has primer in...
6
6

roof shingles
Why are roof shingles textured? Is it so people won't slip off them when walking up there? It seems smooth shingles would be better so leaves and such won't get caught in valleys.
13
13

Furnace runs when it shouldn't
We have a propane fueled furnace and a wood stove. We use the furnace to wa rm the house in the morning, then heat with the wood stove for the rest of the day. The thermostat is set for 70° for 6 AM...
19
19

Wiring sauna heater
My sauna heater needs to be wired through liquid tight flex conduit rated f or 90 Celsius (194 F). I cannot find such conduit anywhere. I called a doze n or so electric supply companies nearby and...
5
5

Tools for earlier Milwaukee 18V battery packs???
I've several that use the old 18V pack that are all still perfectly satisfactory (tools as well as the packs) I'd like to add some other pieces but I really, really, really, do _NOT_ want yet another...
1
1