Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen Sink Water Heater
The current water heater thread is very helpful and educational. When we turn on the hot water in the kitchen, it takes a LONG time for the hot water to get to the faucet. The water heater is on the...
19
19

Gerber Toilet Thread Update - Toilet Would Not Stop Running
Well, after I got one of the plumbing partners back here two weeks ago, he never made one slight adjustment to it. He simply told me he hated Kohler toilets (I have never had a problem with them) and...
6
6

what will happen at the water meter when air is trapped after the city repaired
What will happen at the water meter reading when the air trapped during the city repairing a water main break? The municipal water line broke near my house, after the repairs where made and the water...
11
11

AT&T rural phone service
I had a recent conversation with a AT&T tech and asked him what the status of old rural landlines for old rural home phones was. He said it all would be abandoned in 5 years (2020). It would be...
43
43

Follow-up on next door neighbor
Follow-up on next door neighbor The one with the sump pump that runs maybe every 15 minutes or half-hour. We had one cold day and I warned him it would freeze; and now there is ice the width of the...
22
22

Recomendations For Motorcycle Tarp
I would like an 8 x 10 tarp to cover my motorcycle and sidecar both summer and winter - probably about the same use requirements as a boat cover. Polyethelene from Lowe's lasted only a year. I have...
3
3

Adventures in home ownership
Hi All, Oh Poop! Literally! The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace). I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE! Yesterday was spent sucking it out. Dryer ran all night....
20
20

Need a powerful led flashlight
how about some of those malibu outdoor lights, they are 12 volts and should be safe:) You should be able to get some water sensors that run on 12 volts or powered from above
92
92

Car rear window washer
I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask. Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from same...
16
16

Gas boiler will not come on.
Hello, I have a gas boilerIt is a peerless 61-05-STDG-S. Every week or so, I have to go into the basement and make sure to add water too it because it shuts down if it runs out. Well it must have been...
4
4

Shopping for a snow blower, maybe.....
We are two retirees, 50' long double driveway (concrete). Shoveled a lot of snow last year, but getting older and lazier. I would like recommendations for a snow blower if there is one that isn't a...
80
80

Sign in a Public Men's Restroom
A local public building has a sign in their Men's restroom, above the urinal. It reads: "Please stand closer to the urinal. It's shorter than you think!" I got a good laugh out of this, and wanted to...
21
21

Basmore Little 100 series boiler what temp. is best to get most heat 160 ?
My house doesn't keep warm as it should can I set the temp. up higher to 160 or 170 ?
2
2

I shoulda ...
At 3 AM and 3? , the water was fine . At 6:30 and 1? it was frozen (only in the camper , The Shed water is fine) . Apparently the insulation I covered the short vertical run of hose wasn't quite...
11
11

Roof leak
A friend asked me to repair a roof leak. During rain, he gets water leaking around a light fixture. I thought about drilling a small hole from around the fixture thru the roof and shingles in order to...
12
12