Subject Author Posted Replies

Compare energy prices, please
Saturday Jan 17, 2015 A couple years ago, a man with a clip board came down my street, asking people to sign up for Energetix power supply company. Said they were cheaper than the local utility...
10
10

Carpet or laminate?
Hello, We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or laminate. Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just...
5
5

Windows 8.1 email setup
I recently helped an older (than me ...) couple set up their new computer , and yesterday they called to ask for help in setting up their email . I have no experience with the new comps , I'm a...
32
32

Small 90° saw for tight space
The bottom edge of the frame for the dishwasher is about half an inch too tall, so it gets in the way of the door opening fully. I need to cut a half-inch notch out of the bottom board about 2" from...
14
14

want to convert my gas dryer to an electric dryer or sell it for $80.00
HELP I have a gas dryer and its gonna cost me over $300 to run my gas line close to the dryer. I just moved in this new home and I have had it with calling all around to see who can convert this gas...
9
9

Historic find out West
Very good. Thanks. What do you do when that tweet facebook bar is on top and it makes scrolling so much harder? Is there a way to get rid of the bar? I left an antique light bulb in my bedroom closet...
18
18

Furnace Ignitor Intermittently Fails To Energize
Hi All, I've been having an issue with a Miller cmf-65 gas furnace with direct igni tion. Normally the thermostat clicks on, after a few seconds I hear a click, indu cer motor comes on, the ignitor...
31
31

Furnace blower will not shut off
I have an old singer gas furnace. The blower will not shut off. Put in new relay and new thermostat and still stays on. Please help
4
4

"Smart" thermostat
I installed a new programmable digital thermostat in my house a few days ago, a Honeywell RTH7600D. It has a feature they call "Smart Response Technology", which is supposed to "continually learn when...
34
34

Rational Fire Plans
I need someone in cape Town to assist me with Rational fire plans for a lapa attached to a house. I've called 5 different companies who design plans but no one can help.

"New" Slantfin Boiler won't heat house -- from alt.hvac
A person named Nahsani recently posted the following on the alt.hvac newsgroup: "My two-year old Slantfin Boiler won't heat the house above 65 degrees, and it's usually at 60 degrees. It'll come on...
19
19

Replace wood posts holding up a retaining wall
I have a 2' tall retaining wall in my garden. It consists of 6x8 railroad ties, set on edge. The rr-ties are laterally supported by treated 4x4 lumber posts, imbedded about 1' into concrete supports...
5
5

Contact Cement Question
Hello, Used some Contact Cement on some painted wood pieces, but guess some of it leaked out or migrated from the joint. Boy, that stuff is tenacious and tough. Tried a razor blade, but no luck with....
7
7

Possible Frozen Pipe
I forgot to put the foam cover on the water spigot in my unheated garage. T he pipe to the spigot runs for about ten feet through a wall that is common with the garage and my living room. I turned off...
51
51

OT - Browser issues?
I'm running Firefox 35.0 and for at least the last month I've been having several web sites not displaying all of their functions the way they are displayed with Chrome or Internet Explorer. For...
15
15