Subject Author Posted Replies

clarification, was: any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?
Indeed, two completely different items under discussion. My olde washing machine, _while washing and agitating_, would suck water from the tub and pump it through a removable/cleanable lint filter...
1
1

Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its first year of release
| > And why don't they include Vista? | > | | Because all six people using Vista already upgraded from that crap. I don't think there's really much difference between Vista and 7. I think of them as...
51
51

Best way to repair enamel finish on a sink?
Well it finally happened. When I was unloading the dishwasher the other night I dropped a dinner plate on our kitchen sink....bummer. It chipped the enamel finish and I was wondering if there was a...
5
5

Washing machine improvement I'd like to see
I just spent a long time getting a washer leveled. I can reach the front legs in place, but have to pull it out to adjust the back legs, which is a pain, and since no floor is perfectly level it's...
13
13

any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?
The salesman at Sears that sold me my washing machine said it had a "passive" lint trap. I have come to learn that "passive" means that the lint all gets trapped in the pockets of your clothes, and...
33
33

Are two wall switches supposed to work this way?
I have a friend who has two associated wall switches twenty feet apart. The first switch turns on the overhead light. The second switch turns it off. So far, so good. Once the second switch is in the...
32
32

Whel chair stove
Does anyone make a low height stove, with open space under the range so a person in wheel chair can get his (her) legs under the range top? So that a low travelling person can cook on four burners?...
1
1

Furnace will not shut off (blower and heat run)
Here is my situation: Guardian 80% GG8S120C16MP11A; 2 years old A few months ago, I installed a new thermostat (Honeywell RTH2300B1012/A), and replaced the two wire with a three wire. Everything ran...
5
5

Beware of non-working caulk softener
I purchased an 8 oz squirt container of 3M Caulk Remover - Softens caulk fo r easy removal - to use on the caulk around my bathtub surround where it me ets the bathtub. Cost at Menards was $4.49 plus...
2
2

Silicone Lubricant for Plumbing
What kind of silicone lubricant are they talking about in this video? (It's applied to o-rings in kitchen faucets.) I'm on the way to Lowe's, so I want to make sure I get the right stuff.
3
3

what do you think of this led headlamp?
Hi All, This guy uses a single AA battery (don't want AAA bats) and has a spot and flood mode. I do wonder it is will point where I need it to point though. It got only one review, so who knows. -T
15
15

Engineering problem for child's penguin costume
My granddaughter is making a penguin costume for a school event. She asked me if I knew how to make the beak so she could open and close it like a real penguin. She is thinking of having a string that...
15
15

Sources for a Small Enclosed Trailer for Storage
Anyone have a suggestion where to find an old beat-up enclosed trailer locally, 4x8 or larger fairly quickly? Craigslist, ebay and the local classified papers & websites all are "like new," more than...
12
12

How old is too old for a smoke detector ?
I have a condo and it has the original smoke detectors, FireX. Probably abo ut 20 years old. they don't take batteries, that's probably why they have n ot received much attention. The are hardwired to...
83
83

Making Firewood....From Tree Trunks
I'm used to seeing those small bundles of firewood for sale at supermarkets and other places, but I never stopped to think about how they turned trees into firewood. Here's a video showing one way...
14
14