Subject Author Posted Replies

Hear sound through radio from my TV HDMI output
I want to hear sound from my Tv using my standalone radio. All the TV output HDMIs are being used. My inputs on my radio for TV/Dbs are coaxial. What parts do I need? I figure I will at least need a...
12
12

O.T. Reader glasses
I am 67 and frequently have to use a 4X magnifier to read labels. Would some reader glasses help? Thanks.
37
37

How to adjust 1 piece metal garage door
Does anyone have tips on balancing a one piece (non-sectional, non-rollup) metal garage door (2-car garage). It shakes really bad when it’s going up and down. Replaced both springs and motor
2
2

Better Google searches
This may help in some cases, to narrow your search
2
2

OT. Bicycle Odometers/Speedometers
I have one that is a simple unit with a sensor on the front wheel spokes. It has been ok but the reset buttons have started to get hinky. I see there are some GPS units available now. Prices run from...
6
6

OT: New time zones?
My phone just informed me of an update to time zones. So which country has changed and why?
209
209

Inside a windmill
Windmills are huge. This is how you get to the top Since 2012, the average height of wind turbines installed in the United States has been about 280 feet, or 80 meters. Before 2006, few wind turbines...
13
13

Gazebo/deck footing question
Hello all, I am planning to build a deck and put a gazebo on top. The deck will be approximately the size of the gazebo footprint. On four corners of the deck, there will be concrete footings for the...
11
11

OT - Chunk the groundhog
Just heard of him this am has more likes than that other guy from Delaware. Every day is Groundhog Day for Jeff Permar, who has five famous groundhogs feasting in his backyard. Every day is Groundhog...
2
2

Sounding rockets at large
Esp. read the first one, how the kids scavenged what was left, and the second one, about the hole. Seventy-five years ago, White Sands Proving Ground flirted with disaster when two German V-2 rockets...

Re: Can mice get thru 1/4" hardware cloth?
You might consider trying to add a deterrent if you put up wire. Biting through something nearby liberally sprayed with pepper juice like Tabasco or the now unfortunately discontinued Whisk, seems to...

O.T. Speed throttling
Does anyone know if Comcast(Xfinity) or youtube throttles the speed? I did a search for it but I mostly found recommendations to get VPN. :slight_smile: Thanks.
1
1

Darkness in the Clothes Dryer Drum
My wife told me the light was out in the clothes dryer drum so I removed the screw holding the awkward to get to clear cover to the light compartment, removed the 10 watt bulb and headed to the HD....
20
20

Speed throttling ?
Does anyone know if Comcast(Xfinity) or youtube throttles the speed? Thanks.
11
11

OT. 162 IQ
A British kid's IQ score puts him up in the range of Steven Hawking and maybe Einstein. He has autism so it would be a mixed blessing. <> The child genius, who travelled to The Quaker Meeting House in...
6
6