Subject Author Posted Replies

Furniture polishes with detergents, emulsifiers and mineral oil ?
Hi Community! I have a (laminated) wood bathroom vanity that says, "... use "furniture po lishes with detergents, emulsifiers and mineral oil.". "The detergents clea n dirt form the furniture, the...
5
5

garage door problem
the issue with the electronic garage door is the way it closes. Opening the garage is not problem. press the button without holding it down, it opens. However, I press the button without holding it...
15
15

Update on the treehouse bridge in the redwoods of the Santa Cruz mountains
Just to give you an update, the bridge was repaired after the last section fell down in the earlier Pineapple Express: Those earlier storms took down a few nearby Monterey Pines, which decapitated the...
54
54

throttle
I just bought a craftsman and I am only able to pull the throttle 1/2 way to be at full RPM if I squeeze the trigger all the way it dies how do you adjust it so I can pull it all the way.
16
16

OT: Kawasaki Ninja into a Snowblower Mod
Uh oh, you’ve got a problem. You need to quickly plow a large area but can’t afford to leave massive piles lying around… or injure your rig by ramming it headlong into the snow. What to do, what...

I found this canteen in the woods (how to repair it).
Found this in the woods a couple of days ago. Wonder what happened to its owner? It has the cap and chain but no cork so it leaks a bit. Any idea if they had a cork originally or what I can use now?
10
10

How to treat your technician
1. When it's 105 out and I've just come out of your attic please do not offer me anything to drink. Us heating and air techs have a special gene that lets us recycle our sweat when licked of off our...
8
8

Plumbing-reducing size of well supply line to pressure tank?
I have a sediment filter that I want to install on my drilled well supply l ine on the well side of my pressure tank. The supply line from the well loo ks like 1.5" o.d. black pvc (1.25" i.d. maybe?)....
1
1

Kitchen Sink P-Trap problem
The stainless steel sink is dual bowl, with a garbage disposal (not shown) connected to the right drain. These two photos show the layout of the plumbing: The center of the left bowl's drain was about...
13
13

what's in your bread?
The real reason you need to stop eating toxic wheat even if you aren't Celiac or don't have a wheat or gluten sensitivity.
44
44

What plastic/rubber goes on the bottom of boot heels?
I went to a shoemaker who charges $30 to put two pieces of whatever that black rubber/plastic is that goes on the bottom of my wife's boot heel. Can't I get the stuff, in bulk, somewhere and just glue...

File Conversion DWG to PDF, GIF, etc
Download CutePDF (free). Hit print of the document, image, etc. of what you want then select Cute PDF instead of the printer. It will save it to a PDF file in the folder of your choosing.
10
10

Attic drop-down door
I seem to be up in the attic many many times a week and doggone it, the 'spreader blade' wore out and is now bent. Easy enough to push back in place but it soon bends again. Place in town has...
17
17

Space heater
It's come up a few times in the last fer months. The 30 year old space heater that my wife uses finally died. Decided to perform an autopsy: Right above the motor is a small thermal breaker in series...
1
1

Superglue versus super glue gel
I was in the store tonight, they have super Glue and the gel stuff. Is the gel worth the extra cost? Not a huge difference. But even so.... - . Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . . .
27
27