Subject Author Posted Replies

Flickering display is all i get
My system has been installed for many = 10+ years. Recently it has failed to turn on in any mode. When prompting any of three valves in the system all that happens is that I get a series of flashing...
7
7

( OT for home repair ) Leonard Nimoy dead at 83
Lived long, and prospered. Read full article on web. February 27, 2015, 12:48 PM Leonard Nimoy dead at 83 Leonard Nimoy, probably best known as Mr. Spock on "Star Trek," has died. He was 83. The actor...
2
2

insulated drapes
Do you need drapes anyhow? My drapes are white on the window side, to cut down absorption of heat in the summer and radiation of heat in the winter. I suppose the same people who don't bellieve light...
10
10

Computer Printer help
I just got a new black (61XL) cartridge for my HP 3510 all-in-one , after an hour on the line with HP support it still pops an "incompatible cartridge" message and locks up ... anybody know a...
10
10

Follow up to my new furnace
Now that it's been in here about a month, the outfit that installed it returned here at no charge just to check and ensure all was OK. With my old furnace I had adjusted all vents myself but when they...
4
4

Electrical wiring problems
Opening the window works a whole lot better than any but the best fan, and unlike the crappy fans, it ALWAYS works.
18
18

sealing around ducts, through foundation wall?
Old house. Part basement, part crawlspace. There are heat and cold air boxes in the floor over the crawlspace. The (round) ducts for these pass through (very) rough openings knocked through the...
8
8

trouble light - complete enclosure verses grill
Does anyone know if a trouble light is sold that seals up completely. Stan dard trouble lights close up in front with a grill. I'm looking for someth ing like a plexiglass shield instead. With cfl's...
3
3

Heading over to Ace Hardware
need me to pick up anything ? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

too bad no present day car can do this
1920s vintage Dodge Brothers sedan drives down muddy roads and across muddy fields to get to the gushing oil well. For some strange reason the car has "Oil Field Dodge" painted on the side. This may...
2
2

shatterproof cfl - can you make?
They sell shatterproof cfl's but not the bulb I want. Can you make this by dipping them in some coating?
3
3

Why do Water Mains break in freezing weather?
A nearby town had a water main break yesterday, and I just happened to be there when it broke. It was quite impressive! It began under a huge pile of snow from a parking lot, and that 8 foot pile of...
6
6

Fixing a banister post ornamental top
We have this banister post at the foot of our stairs that has an ornamental top that is just a ball attached to a square piece of wood that was nailed to the post. When we had couches delivered...
11
11

Costco's LED Shop Lights
Costco had these for $32 in the coupon book that just expired, but they sold out of them really fast and then the dockworker's slowdown prevented restocking. They are now getting shipments of them. I...
2
2

Saw Horse Brackets - Hard-Hitting Product Evaluation
I bought a pair of these at Harbor Freight ($4-5) and, when I realized I needed two pairs for two sawhorses, I bought a 2nd pair at Home Depot ($8). So I spent $13 or so on them, plus the 2x4's. Then...
4
4