Subject Author Posted Replies

Calculating weight distibuted on concrete slab with pool on top
I have been using my Intex Ultra frame pool for the past few years on my concrete slab in my backyard and was just curious what is the actual weight distributed on the concrete. The pool is 14 feet...
7
7

Road Salt: How Hygroscopic?
I mean the stuff that our state uses on highways: big, irregular yellowish crystals. They always seem to be slightly wet. I come away from Googling with the impression that as long as the humidity is...
16
16

Furnace blower fan cannot be auto run
Hi All, I have a Lennox furnace (G26) with a problem now: the blower fan cannot be auto on or off, I should always put it to ON from the controller. If I put it to Auto, it wouldn't work. Please help...
14
14

Honeywell Focus Pro 5000 Home Heat Thermostat Problem ?
Hello, Have a Honeywell Focus Pro thermostat for our home heating system. Heat only. Forced hot water. Grerat thermostat. Couldn't be happier with it. But, Yesterday, two different times, the Set...
5
5

plumbing runs
I got a bathroom. I'm adding a second downstairs right below. I know the ideal setup would have a source manifold and separate feed lines. Is there some kind of guide for the cheapskate ? Copper is...
22
22

hotpoint rfa51p door shelf keeps falling
Hiya my hotpoint door shelf keeps falling off, the bottom one. The shelf itself is fine, but the protrudings that hold the shelf in place are broken. Thiese protrudings are part of the inside of...
2
2

adding electrical sub panel
already have two sub panels coming off the main. Want to add another sub about 100 feet from the main due to an out buidling being constructed. Is there a limit on how many sub panels can be added?...
5
5

Clocks, clocks, and endlessly more clocks
Digital wrist watch thermostat radio in truck radio in van wall clocks (seven or so) clocks at church (twenty six, I think) And the list goes on. New batteries in most of them, including themostat.
12
12

Pex and hose clamps
The question was raised a few weeks back about using hose clamps on PEX instead of using the PEX rings and crinping tool. My brother had to install a new water softener in his hundred+ year old house...
34
34

Good DIY Website...
If ever y'all are stumped with a project and the advice you got from your father turns out to be bunk, here is a site with real common-sense help:
8
8

Need tips to dry wet spot on carpet
We managed to dump about a half gallon of water on a carpet floor today. It's just water so it's not gonna stain or anything, but the carpet is fairly thick and has foam padding under it. My main...
17
17

Boiler is on but wont heat up for long
My boiler is on but won't heat up for long. the heaters are on but emitting a very faint heat. I replaced the thermostat in my apartment and still nothing. I tried to jump it by connecting the red and...
3
3

OT: We have a new American hero!
Here's a good example of the modern lamestream media: NBC: Harrison Ford 'Saved Several Lives' by Avoiding Suburbs in Plane Crash "Looking at where he crashed and how the plane went down, I'm sure...
19
19

Replacement KitchenAid Silverware Basket Numbers ?
Hello, Have a fairly old KitchenAid Dishwasher. Manual, and the label, that was once on the inside, are long gone. Need a new Silverware Basket for it. Guess it's Whirlpool now rather than KitchenAid....
3
3

Furnace statistics now in
I just got my first gas bill after a full month of use on my new hi-efficiency furnace. On the bill they put a comparison of usage from the present date and compare it to last year. Fortunately for...
37
37