Subject Author Posted Replies

control box mounting options?
I have a small, 2x4" aluminum control box with some toggle switches and motor direction controls. I need to have the control box available at the same time I use a small laptop. The problem I'm having...
4
4

help select LED replacement for 40W E17 base T6 1/2
Greetings all. We have a Whirlpool microwave over stove arrangement. The microwave houses a incandescent 40W bulb (E17 base, tube T6 1/2) which illuminates the cook top. The problem is it's not bright...
8
8

OT two people in the cockpit
OT European airlines are rapidly switching to having 2 people in the cockpit at all times, as the US has done since 9/11 or maybe earlier. But what does that mean? Sometimes there is a deadheading...
30
30

Idiot Gas Cans
I recall awhile back there was a thread about these so called ""safety gas cans". I had to buy one of these aggravating cans, and they are horrible at least. I put 4 gallons in a 5 gallon can, for my...
22
22

200 Amp Service, Tankless water heater
I live in Connecticut. My house currently has 100 amp service. I want to switch to a tankless water heater. I have since learned, from a contractor whom came to my house, that I will need 200 amp main...
57
57

Minimum wage hikes will hurt tip-earners?
I don't remember if it's Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams that says the minimum wage is really 0.
4
4

Automatic lamp post; lights on at dusk, off at dawn
The circuit is simply three-components across the 24VAC supply: a two-wire photocell and two 12V (1156 auto bulbs) in series. One would expect that the resistance of the photocell is close to zero in...
10
10

Large Gaps between Patio Slabs
Hi, I have large-2 inch-gaps between the slabs in my patio. Chair legs, an d feet, are constantly falling into their depths. I am wondering if there is any way to fill them other than wood? I am not a...
11
11

Owner Finds His Rental Home Has Been Rigged To Explode At The Flip Of A Switch
Talk about nightmares: The owner of a house that he?d been renting out had a close call recently when an inspection revealed that the place had been rigged to blow up when a light switch was flipped....
4
4

antique desk
Discover the hidden features and intricate interior of this cabinet. One of the finest achievements of European furniture making, this cabinet is the most important product from Abraham (1711--1793)...

hard to start chain saw
I have a cheap($100)poulin mod p3314wsa gas chain saw that .is very hard to start. When I pull on the starting rope it feels like there is way too much compression. Is this normal or what? Maybe !~m...
25
25

Driveway pavers. (Sort of)
I have a downhill blacktop driveway with a turn around. I would like to make the driveway look better. I got to wondering if I could make my own 4x4x 2 inches concrete "tiles" and place them in a bed...
16
16

OT Cruiz runs for president?
Just found out he was born in Canada. The constitution /requires/ the candidate to have been born in the USA. I assume Cruiz was fine with Obama having been born in Kenya then ???
16
16

OT, as usual - What are these?
Have any others noticed the many people walking around transfixed by these things in their hands - about the size of an old-fashioned small paperback book (remember those?). They walk everywhere...
6
6

Humidity different types of heat plant
Friend of mine tells me he used to live in a place with baseboard heaters (probably circulating hot water) and another place with fan forced hot air. Says the fan forced heat is very dry, but the...
14
14